A Service Technician job in Tacoma, WA is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You will perform warranty and non-warranty repairs at customer’s homes throughout a specific geographic region. You must diagnose customer’s issues and determine if a situation is a warranty item or not, and appropriately explain the circumstances to the supervisor. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently acquired by MI Windows, which creates additional opportunities for growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Service Technician job responsibilities include:
- Performing warranty and non-warranty repairs at customer’s homes by adjusting components, replacing parts and pieces, performing water tests, taking measurements, and documenting all work performed.
- Responsible for driving to locations as directed by pre-set appointments according to territory assigned.
- Responsible for requisitioning parts from internal suppliers necessary to perform fieldwork.
- Responsible for reviewing work orders for accuracy.
- Demonstrate Milgard's Core Values in all business interactions.
- Adhere to all facets of safety policies and procedures, including wearing required Personal Protective Equipment.
- A minimum of one-year prior customer service experience is required.
- No prior glass or window experience is necessary; however, technical/mechanical ability or background is preferred.
- Valid Class C driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Proficient use of hand tools to include; tape measure, level, saws, drills, etc.
- Able to compute basic math problems.
- Problem-solving ability and ability to handle stressful situations.
- Good hand-eye coordination and the ability to discern colors.
- Sense of direction with the ability to use navigation systems, self-motivated, and mechanically inclined.
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders up to 40 feet, work off scaffolding, lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. A great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering, including:
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
- 401k with company match
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
- Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
If you are interested in this Service Technician job in Tacoma, WA, please apply now. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture, visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
- Complex Problem Solving