Req ID **7173**
**Who We Are**
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our **Transportation and Hydraulics Team** and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full time **Civil Engineer** that can sit out of our **Springfield, IL Office** .
You, as a Hydraulics Engineer, will have a role in driving this growth. You will provide local technical assistance for the design, development, and construction of infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector. Tasks may include assistance with the research, design, concept development, and construction of roads, buildings, tunnels, dams, bridges, water supply systems, and sewage treatment. Project delivery will include generating accurate and concise documentation regarding assigned aspects of the project and ensuring that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
**Duties and Responsibilities**
• Assist with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, GIS data, subsurface utility information, maps, geotechnical data, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
• Assist with conducting research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, resources, building, infrastructure, and transportation channels to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
• Provide technical assistance on various design requirements and operating strategies to accomadte safety and functionality of systems and infrastructure.
• Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing basic technical assistance on various engineering, design, and construction issues.
• Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems, drawings, and field/work site notebook/logs.
• Perform hydrologic analyses thought the application of statistical and/or rainfall-runoff simulation methodologies and through the application of steady and unsteady flow in 1 and 2-dimensional models.
• Perform watershed planning studies to achieve flood reduction, water quality and/or ecological benefits. Coordinate as needed with environmental professionals to ensure a comprehensive approach to the specific planning issues.
• Prepare and submit the requisite applications for permits and support documentation required by the various regulatory agencies with jurisdictional purview over water resources projects.
• Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but are not limited to location data, statistical documentation, engineering studies and surveys, and construction.
• Attend project meetings with clients and local government officials to assist with the presentation and explanation of the water resources aspects of the project.
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, conduct and policies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant post education experience.
• Excellent research skills with analytical mindset.
• Familiarity with relevant civil construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
• Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
• Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
• Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, spreadsheets, technology, and tools.
• Proficient with hydrologic and hydraulic models especially HEC-HMS,HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, XPSTORM and SRH-2D.
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
• Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
• Engineer in Training Certification. Desire to obtain PE is favorable.
• Familiarity with discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, InRoads, Geopak, and GeoSlope).
• Prior internship or job experience related to the degree of study and the specific engineering discipline.
• A member of and/or actively participate in local professional organizations.
+ To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
+ **Travel Required:** N/A - No travel required
+ **Job Status:** Regular
+ **Employee Type:** Full
+ **Primary Location:** SPRINGFIELD - PLEASANT RUN RD
+ **All locations:** US-IL-Lisle, US-IL-Woodridge
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Business Planning