To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton, NJ
- Michael Baker International
- Phone: (703) 640-3292
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Planning Associate
Michael Baker International • Hamilton, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Transportation Planning/Civil Associate at Michael Baker International do?
The Transportation Planning/Civil Associate will primarily be responsible for reviewing the operational performance of transportation facilities and the development and review of conceptual improvements to address identified deficiencies under the direction of a project manager.
The Transportation Planning/Civil Associate will be a member of our Transportation Planning Department in our Hamilton, NJ office.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Transportation Planning/Civil Associate?
- Review and analyze the operational performance of facilities
- Develop and review concept development studies for transportation improvement projects
- Provide direct support to client project managers
- Directly interact with clients, stakeholders and the general public
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development that leads to career advancement!
- A Transportation Planning/Civil Associate could progress into a Planner/Senior Planner Engineer/Senior Engineer, Project Manager or a Team Leader.
Could you be the Transportation Planning/Civil Associate we are looking for?
- You'll need a Bachelor's degree in Planning or Civil Engineering. A Masters in Planning, Transportation Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- You'll have 2-5 years of progressive transportation planning experience. Familiarity and experience with New Jersey DOT, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, New Jersey Turnpike Authority and North Jersey Transportation Planning Association project development process and design standards is highly desirable. Familiarity with NY State and NY City DOT standards and process is also desirable.
- You'll have the ability to obtain your PE or AICP License within two years.
- You'll need the ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments independently under limited supervision
- Naturally, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You'll be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Experience in traffic engineering/transportation planning software such as Autodesk's AUTOCAD, Bentley MicroStation, HCS, Synchro, SimTraffic, Aimsun, Esri ArcGIS and additional current computer programs and technologies.
- It would be helpful if you had PE, PTOE, AICP, NJ PP or other related professional certification or licensure and an understanding of research methods and analysis techniques.
Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume. If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our , and pages.