Requisition Type: Regular
Eagle Alliance is
We are looking for a Senior Systems Integration Engineer in
Positions Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads installs, tests, and validates operational equipment and software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer's guidance and safety codes; maintains a broad knowledge of the system; Acts as a lead technician for program production. Conduct on the job training for co-workers.
- On-call 24x7
- Mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- Interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- Work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- Provide and supervise set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware
- Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces.
- Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Ten years experience integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows) with a Bachelors of Science OR equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience performing all aspects of the integration and test of the system including installing the hardware in the racks, labeling cables, running cables, building the system to drawing package, performing quality assurance, loading operating system, loading applications, and performing all levels of testing in regard to system;
- Develop overall integration & test strategy and schedule test plans & scripts.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance required
- Solid Linux (or strong grasp of command-line usage) experience
- Scripting (Ruby, Phython, PHP preferred, shell and Pearl are acceptable)
- Security Tools (nmap, Netcat, intrusion detection systems, firewalls and packet-processors)
- Must be willing/able to work shift/nights
- Ten years’ experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting of LAN, computer hardware and software
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software
- Experience providing assistance to users
- Experience optimizing system operations
- Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency
- Development tools (Eclipse, Subversion)
- Software development (Java, C/C++ preferred)
- Web technologies (Weblogic, Apache)
- Enterprise Messaging Systems (JMS)
- Database Administration (mysql, Oracle, Mongo)
- Networking (protocols, fiber/Ethernet knowledge)
- Cloud/Virtualization technologies
- Data storage solutions
- Technical writing
- Mission knowledge
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Java (Programming Language)
C++ (Programming Language)