Effectively design, develop, and document medical devices and medical equipment that satisfy internal and external customer needs and Maquet business objectives.
- Interprets customer specifications to define requirements for mechanical designs.
- Applies the 3D CAD system to create mechanical design and drawings
- Develops detailed fabrication and assembly drawings and performs tolerance analysis.
- Develop prototypes for design evaluation
- Troubleshoot and resolve design & processing issues.
- Design documentation using electronic documentation systems.
- Develops & execute design verification protocols and technical reports.
- Work with internal and external resources on fabrication, inspection, and testing of new product parts and assemblies.
- Develop & debug prototype tooling / equipment and processes.
- Develop test methods and fixtures.
- Train technicians and operators on new process techniques.
- BS in engineering discipline, mechanical preferred and minimum 2-4 years related experience, or an MS and less than one year experience.
- Experience with a solid modeling CAD program, preferably Solidworks and/or Creo
- Experience in medical equipment / device design with particular experience in electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, and/or blood pumping equipment development.
- Knowledge in medical device industry regulations and practices – ISO 13485 & CFR Part 820
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Engineer In Training
Engineering Design Process