To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Accounts Payable Associate
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supports the Accounts Payable department by compiling, classifying, recording, verifying and maintaining data and payments accounts payable records.
Duties may include any or all of the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Checks and approves vouchers for payment.
• Compiles amounts owed by the Company to vendors, suppliers, and/or other organizations/individuals.
• Gather’s purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets, etc. and prepares payment(s).
• Prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
• Audits freight bills against freight manifests.
• Answers vendor inquiries (customer service).
• Prepares accounts payable checks
• Prints accounts payable reports.
• Maintains Accounts payable files.
• Updates Supplier Database.
• Assists in monthly closings.
• Assists with special projects as necessary.
• Data entry as needed.
• Process incoming mail.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Two to four years of directly related experience strongly preferred, but a four-year degree may substitute for experience.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.