Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
The Service Manager maintains the physical condition and appearance of one or more assigned communities in accordance with operating and safety standards. This positions is responsible for leading routine work and preventative maintenance of physical features of the building(s), including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities. He or she anticipates and evaluates potential problems then proactively leads the development and execution of plans to counter challenges. The Service Manager consistently strives to maintain the highest level of attention to the operational needs of the community.
- Routinely inspect community grounds and buildings to ensure safety standards and identify maintenance projects. Prioritize the repair of unsafe conditions.
- Monitor a sufficient inventory of tools, supplies, spare parts for common issues and emergency situations.
- Schedule and perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment and tools.
- Thoroughly inspect vacated apartments, document necessary renovations, and re-inspect completed units for the highest quality of work and superior presentation, adhering to the timetable.
- Respond to resident requests in a timely manner, delivering excellent customer service
- Manage all customer service requests, including prioritizations and delegation to assigned staff. Evaluate and analyze service request for community and ensure all requests are completed with excellent customer service in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, jobs in progress, etc.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs, and prepare maps indicating same.
- Coordinate and oversee all work of internal and external vendors and maintenance service suppliers.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and/or Community Manager in hiring, training, daily supervision, evaluation, and coaching/counseling of the service team.
- Assist in creating schedules for Service Technicians, Housekeepers, Porters, and Groundskeepers.
- Work with the Community Manager to develop, implement, and manage programs intended to control maintenance expenses.
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance operating budget in accordance with the established timeframes. Analyze budget variance and trends.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local housing laws.
- Ensure appropriate risk mitigation procedures are implemented including disaster response.
- HVAC Certification required.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 5+ year’s multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing duties as a Service Manager.
- Must have 3-5 years of maintenance staff’s supervisory experience.
- Champion the Mill Creek Brand Promise, Core Values, Service Standards and Manifesto.
- Able to effectively communication, as well as read container labels.
- Able to use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment.
- Valid State Issued Driver License and automobile insurance.
- Able to accurately perform measurements and basic math.
- General computer skills in Microsoft Office and property management based software.
- Be able to safely use chemicals, paint, and general cleaning supplies.
About Modera Katy Trail
The 14-story community, which features 217 apartment homes, borders the ultra-popular 3.5-mile Katy Trail at the tail end of McKinney Avenue. First move-ins are anticipated for early 2022.
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAre you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!
- Customer Service