What you will love about Johnson Controls:
We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
What you will do:
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
As the Engineering Services IT Lead you are the leader for one or more product businesses and domain functions. Working under the Engineering Services IT BRM leader you will partner with peers in the Engineering Services IT organization as well as business and IT leaders globally. You will lead all IT engagement activities, provide thought leadership on strategic direction, and drive successful delivery of IT investments and services. You will develop, manage, and maintain relationships with business and IT leaders across the assigned responsibility area in a matrix organization and participate in the development of IT strategies in support of business plans.
In this role you will lead complex IT projects through all stages of the project lifecycle. You will drive the successful planning and execution of all IT related aspects of assigned projects as well as contributing to the business and project management aspects. You will coordinate and lead teams consisting of, but not limited to, Global Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, Application Delivery, Solution Development, Testing, Performance, Business and IT Subject-Matter Experts, and including direct and indirect resources. How you will do it:
- Serve as a liaison and project leader in partnership between the Business Unit (BU) IT department, Corporate IT department, BU Engineering Services department, Product Business teams, and cross-Product Business functions. Effectively collaborate with teams that span IT and the business.
- Expresses a clear understanding of business structures, hierarchies, products, and services supported. Demonstrates knowledge outside of the technology arena with the Product Business supported.
- Partner with other senior IT individuals, communicate and discuss technology trends, specific changes, and technology roadmaps.
- Understand short and long term Engineering Services business plans and objectives, IT investments and assets, cross-industry technology and business trends, and competitive environment. Formulate an IT strategy that enables Engineering Services business URL blocked - click to apply. Lead the creation and continuous improvement of a business capability and IT enablement roadmap. Revise roadmap on at least an annual basis and support with investment proposal including capital requirement estimates and business URL blocked - click to apply .
- Capture, aggregate, and prioritize a portfolio of IT investments to enable needs as defined on the Engineering Services capability roadmaps. Champion Engineering Services priorities through IT investment portfolio governance process to ensure alignment of projects with business objectives, leverage of assets and practices, and synthesis with broader corporate-wide URL blocked - click to apply. Champion understanding, support for, and value of Engineering Services IT investment URL blocked - click to apply.
- Lead execution of Engineering Services IT investment portfolios to achieve scope, schedule, financial, and quality commitments through operating a metrics-based management system, ensuring adherence to principles in the solution lifecycle management process.
- Lead the ideation and high-level planning of IT projects including specification of high-level business requirements, formulation of business process and technology solution options, creation and vetting of business cases, and high-level project planning (scope, schedule, & budget).
- Project responsibilities include analysis, documentation, system design, development of project plans, time and cost estimates, and Capital Appropriation Request's.
- Incorporate process standardization and simplification improvements in high-level designs to enable Global Products-wide leverage and streamline the IT applications landscape over time.
- Gather application requirements, perform analysis, and make recommendations for design of software specifications; facilitate design reviews and collect required approvals; create the project schedules; provide training; and coordinate implementation and support of developed applications.
- Spearhead trade-off analyses and assessments (project timing, technology approaches, requirements prioritization, etc.), support solution design and testing activities, assess overall quality of solution and fit with business capability needs, ensure go-live readiness of Business and IT communities, and measure business results after solution stabilization.
- Actively seek out emerging technologies or methodologies and develop knowledge in these areas to apply to company projects.
- May provide third level support for applications, including working with the Technical teams, solving issues, routing to IT management, and providing documentation for other team members to use to respond to support issues.
- Identifies mentoring needs and plans for skill transfer/development including mentoring less experienced team members.
- Make decisions and achieves results while being a role model for company values.
- Set challenging SMART personal goals that improve both personal skills and team deliverables.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience successfully delivering complex Business Technology projects and achieving quantified business outcomes for a related business/industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in direct project leadership role.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in product development domain.
- Must have a thorough understanding of a broad cross-section of modern Information Technology concepts.
- Extensive IT experience including strategy, enterprise architecture, system implementation, technology infrastructure, and program/project management.
- Position requires advanced knowledge of enterprise integration techniques and strategies.
- Experience developing solutions with large complex global organizations.
- Experience with implementation and roll-out of scalable out-of-the-box solutions as well as custom application development.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Agile concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise, and accurate documentation detailing business processes and requirements. Ability to perform abstraction, modeling, and theoretical reasoning in the support, creation, and design of complex systems.
- Position requires advanced knowledge of product development principles, processes, and techniques.
- Position requires working knowledge of CAD, PDM, and PLM including PTC Windchill.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a global community including Business Unit and Corporate IT, horizontal and vertical business functions, and end users.
- Must have strong ability to communicate effectively with technology, business, and executive audiences.
- Travel varies from 25% to as much as 50% (at peak) including both domestic and international. Typical travel is 1-2 weeks.
- Ability to work with global teams, requiring flexibility of working hours.
- Proficient English required.
- PMI or SAFe certification preferred.
- BRMi certification preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Command Line Interface
Network Planning And Design
Remote Access Service
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol