To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Newsroom Administrative Assistant
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Arlington, VA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA-TV has an opening for a Newsroom Administrative Assistant! This role will provide administrative support to the station’s News Director and other newsroom personnel. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills and interact well with others.
- Assist News Director with administrative support for the daily operation of the station.
- Prepare expense reports, memos, letters and other documents
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Manage newsroom expenses and invoices
- Manage and maintain inventory of newsroom assets and office supplies
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Handle and respond to request for information and data
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- At least two (2) or more years of administrative experience is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Concur
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great people skills and a positive, can-do attitude are essential
- Must take initiative and be a problem-solver
- Must be detail-oriented and exceptionally well organized
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!