HSI offers training, safety management, and compliance solutions for businesses of all sizes. Our combination of technology and content solutions helps safety, human resources, and operations leaders train and develop their workforce, keep workers safe and meet regulatory and operational compliance requirements. We aspire to be the industry leader as a safety, compliance, and workforce development partner with everything our customers need and nothing they don’t.
We have an exciting new role for an experienced Business Development Rep. This position is responsible for not only prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales opportunities from inbound leads, but also supporting Account Executives in targeted outreach, and closing small deals independently.
If you’re looking for the next step into Sales, this role is for you as you’ll be working alongside and learning from tenured Account Executives, while you start to close your own deals. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery, and individual research. This role is specific to our Industrial Skills division, working within the power and utilities and other similar industries.
- Make calls to prospects for new business discovery.
- Follow up on leads from various marketing initiatives, in a process-oriented, timely manner.
- Accurately communicate the value of our products and services.
- Close transactional sales independently
- Accurately manage Salesforce.com activities, and activities related to other business tools.
- Support team members and other Sales associates.
- Meet or exceed monthly quota objectives for setting sales-qualified appointments.
- Maintain an accurate record of all activities and account information in Salesforce and strategically follow-up with prospects.
- Develop and nurture connections/relationships with prospects by phone or email
- Work under general supervision, but a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit, initiative
and creativity is required.
- High School Diploma required College degree or relevant work experience preferred
- 2-3 years in Sales Development, Business Development, Account Development, or Sales, with knowledge of the Utilities or similar industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, Excel, and CRM tools such as Salesforce.com
- Self-driven, self-motivated, self-aware, and disciplined.
- A competitive mindset with a desire to win and a willingness to be coached.
- Great team player with the ability to work independently.
- You hunt for opportunities to go above and beyond for your team, and they can rely on you to execute with excellence. You don’t simply work hard - you take command and do what it takes to get things done and have fun doing it.
- You own your career and are serious about its trajectory.
- You want an opportunity to gain the knowledge and one-of-a-kind experience that will propel your professional development.
We offer all the usual benefits plus a few that our team gets excited about:
- All the coverage you would expect: health, dental, vision, etc.
Flexible work hours. We work hard, but understand that people are most productive when they can manage their own schedules and work/life balance
Learning & Development Program. We are committed to helping you succeed as you grow your career. Plus, you have unlimited access to the HSI LMS and library of career development training!
Work-from-home options. Where you work from is up to you
Generous vacation time. Take the time you need when you need it
Retirement benefits. We want to support your future and offer a generous $1:$1 company match
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of HSI.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity and time management skills. Occasional decision-making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking. #CB