Role: UX/UI Web Developer
Location: McLean, VA
Schedule: 40 hours / week
If you are interested and in the market, please send an updated resume to Courtney Moody at Email blocked - click to apply and a good time and number for a call.
Overview: Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a UX/UI Web Developer to sit on-site in McLean, VA
The Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program is seeking a UX/UI Analyst/Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of our client's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
As part of the modernization program, the UX/UI analyst/engineer will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities and associated work products including user research and design exercises, product wireframe development, and prototype development following a user-centered design approach.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand both customer and end user requirements in an operational environment
- Execute user-centered design approach to develop UX/UI solutions
- Facilitate the customer’s product vision by conceiving, sketching, and prototyping experiences for digital products
- Conduct user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Translate research data into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Define the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for ConsularOne customer and user-facing web applications
- Develop adaptive and responsive UX/UI wireframes for web-based applications (Adobe Create Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Develop UX/UI solutions that are compliant with 508 and US Web Design System (USWDS) standards
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and at least five years’ experience
- Experience in developing adaptive and responsive UX/UI solutions for software development projects that specialize in web and mobile-based applications
- Experience in developing UX/UI solutions that are compliant with 508 and US Web Design System (USWDS) standards
- Experience modernizing enterprise software systems (web and mobile-based)
- Experience conducting user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Background in Agile Software Development, specifically experience in developing detailed user stories to include precise and descriptive acceptance criteria
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience developing UX/UI solutions within an Agile SAFe environment
- Experience defining the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for highly visible web applications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
5 years of related hardware engineering experience.
Candidates must be able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret / Interim Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
***As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.
***Apex Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178