To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jefferson, GA 30549
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benore Logistic Systems, Inc • Jefferson, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Primary function of the position is the proper execution of the assigned daily operation in a safe and efficient manner while achieving the goal of profitability. This position will support in the development, monitor and management of the assigned company assets of tractors, trailers, drivers, and facilities. This position will help in the building, development, and maintaining of existing and new customers as well as third party resources. The position requires professional communications, exceptional computer and leadership skills. This position's accountabilities may include (but not limited to) driver, dispatch, safety, and equipment management. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community; always performing in a safe and ethical manner.
Manage the daily accountability of assigned company employees including clerical staff, DOT assigned drivers, and warehouse personnel as it relates to time management, DOT compliance, OSHA, C-TPAT, operations, equipment usage, facilities, company policies, and the discipline of the same.
- Update key transportation software database files with customer, EDI, carrier, vehicle, and driver information.
- Ensures proper chain of communication to and from co-workers, carriers, customers, shippers, suppliers notifying the supervisor or manager on duty ensuring prompt escalation of service issues or safety related concerns to team for resolution.
-Ensures the daily execution of the assigned drivers for the success of assigned routes including route direction, route paperwork, asset readiness and assignment of equipment, route performance, and any specific customer related requirements or directions to the driver.
- Coordinates and ensures training of the assigned employees to their responsibilities and expectations of their job to meet or exceed service and safety goals.
- Administers and/or supports the enforcement, review, reporting and compliance of Hours of Service (HOS) and driver logs in accordance with DOT Regulation and company policy in coordination with the Compliance Department and Operations Manager.
- Ensures the proper time-management of drivers for the productivity and profitability of the company. Responsible for proper reporting/investigation of theft of the time and discipline of the same and reporting to the Operations Manager and Human Resource Department.
Supports in the monitoring of KPI and Productivity goals for assigned drivers as established by the Company; assists in coaching drivers to success
- Completes Ride-Alongs with assigned drivers to capture data on driver performance, driver safety checks, route usage, route time-lines, route optimization, and customer service to better optimize service and fleet use.
- Assists in the timely investigations of Incidents, Workplace Injuries, and Accidents of assigned drivers and coordinates with the DOT Manager and/or Director of Compliance to ensure Accident Investigations are in compliance with State and Federal Regulations and Benore company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the proper and efficient use of technology for all assigned employees along with the required forms and documents to be completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews for accuracy, and compiles hours data (e.g. for customer-based employees),assigned employee's time and attendance records and coordinates Time Off requests (Vacation/Sick/Bereavement)
- Participates and supports the Talent Acquisition Department in the driver hiring processes (e.g. interviews, road-tests, skills and evaluation of demonstrated performance, etc.)
- Supports and participates in the employee engagement programs with the Operations Manager and appropriate BLS departments.
- As assigned, leads or supports in the investigation, counseling, discipline, or terminations of an assigned employee with the Operations Manager, Human Resources Department and/or Compliance Department.
- Responsible for the completion, execution and submission of Performance Reviews for assigned employees Responsible for the efficient and proper submission of payroll for assigned drivers; coordinates with the payroll department or designee in the completion of payroll submission, payroll issue resolution and payroll distribution.
- Investigates and reports all theft including customer products, company inventory and time card abuse to the Operations Manager, Human Resource Department and/or Compliance Department.
- Coordinates the set up and monitoring tractor/trailer maintenance and roadside breakdowns in coordination with the Operations Manager and the company maintenance department.
- Maintains favorable relationships with leasing companies and repair vendors in coordination with the maintenance department; challenges must be reported to the Operations Manager immediately.
- Complete daily yard checks and equipment inspections as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Assists in the credential validation of drivers (e.g. obtain a copy of driver license)
- Professionally communicate with customers and vendors for the terminal.
- Supports in the management and security of the terminal, including building, security systems, lighting, grounds, maintenance, janitorial, lot maintenance, and monitoring of supplies, etc.
- Required to attend and complete all company development, safety and compliance training, and mentor and train employees in adherence to DOT, OSHA, C-TPAT, CSR, and BLS policies and procedures.
- Strict adherence to CTPAT best practices.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007 Quality certification programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities to include clerical, warehouse, cross dock, switchers and DOT drivers (as assigned): Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and assignment of drivers; employee performance reviews and discipline of employees, investigations and addressing complaints; resolving problems. Assists in the interviewing and hiring process for new employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in management, transportation or a related field is preferred or combination of Associates Degree and 4 years of experience with a reputable transportation provider in an operation, logistics, or terminal management role.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, problem solve at a high level and work in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent personal computer skills and having working profiency of transportation software which includes TMW, Peoplenet, Speedguage, Rand McNally, Inventory in Motion (IIM), PCMiler, Time Clock Management (TCM), TracKing, Skybitz and SSRS reporting, etc. Must also be proficient in Microsoft Office products software i.e.; Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of transportation fleet models. Knowledge in Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and CTPAT.