To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92154
- Janet Burris
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Safety & Environmental Manager
Yoh • San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Safety and Environmental Manager Consultant needed for a 3-month contract opportunity for one of Yoh's Premier client located in the San Diego, CA area.
The Safety and Environmental Manager provides accurate administrative functions for the Safety and Environmental Department. The primary responsibilities will include managing administrative tasks associated with the implementation of a comprehensive factory safety/health/environmental process.
- Administratively manages documentation for the department. This includes, but not limited to, safety/health committee documentation, Workers Compensation claim information, employee training records, KEY Element process activities.
- Coordinate training activities for the program owners
- Assist the OH Nurse with coordinating employee medical care and administrating the Workers Compensation Program
- Work with S&E staff to standardize and simplify and update reports, files and forms for process control
- Provides support in the implementation of Federal/state/local mandated programs
- Coordinate/document all credit card purchases
- Prepare month-end statement for accounting and keep P.O book and invoices
- Perform administrative duties
- Interprets and takes ownership of GMPs and food safety company standards
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance on any product placed or released from hold status, raw materials as well as finished product
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit
- Assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Accountable for the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR
- Participates in the implementation of the factory’s playbook, especially in the pillar assigned to the department, to ensure successful completion of all checklist items/actions within the playbook
- Provide recall information for raw material usage as well as disposals
Knowledge of the policies and procedures related to:
- processing Workers Compensation claims and maintaining such files
- handling medical care for employees
- the process by which reporting should be completed
- maintaining and updating files associated with departmental programs
- interpreting and implementing Federal/state/local mandated programs
- documenting invoices in P.O book
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Record and maintain employee training records, KEY Elements process activities and other safety/health document.
- Organize and Plan for the implementation of training activities for the S&D Department and S&E program owners.
- Communicate with medical offices to make medical appointments etc.
- Ensure that reports are completed following the company’s standards for reporting
- Prepare end of the month financial statement according to the accounting departments standards
- Execute administrative and other duties assigned by Safety & Environmental Manager
- Solid computer experience to include proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Treats others with dignity and respect
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness to change
- Actively cooperates and encourages cooperation from others
- Maintains a calm and controlled demeanor, especially in stressful situations
- Responds resourcefully to change and ambiguity
- Demonstrates commitment to self-improvement
- Complies with laws and the company’s ethical principles
- Focuses time and energy on established priorities
- Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty
- Takes action and reliably delivers on commitments
- Allocates time efficiently to meet production goals
- Effectively balances multiple demands and competing priorities
- Builds quality into every dimension of work
- Is accessible and supportive of others
- Demonstrates awareness of customer needs
- Strives to achieve quality standards in all work
- Applies best practices as he/she learns them
- Is on time at the beginning of work and adheres to breaks and lunch schedules
- Thoroughly prepared at the beginning of work
- Strives to improve his/her job knowledge and job skills
- Helps others, when help is needed
- Positive team member who supports the company and its initiatives
- Actively participates in meetings
- Maintains a positive attitude and builds positive relationships throughout the plant
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with vendors and others providing service to the plant
- Is accurate and attentive to detail
- Requires minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task as needed
- Good communicator
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to walk and sit
- The employee is occasionally required to stand
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds
- The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Janet Burris, janet.burris @yoh.com
What’s In It for You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.