To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lynchburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist
US Pipe and Foundry • Lynchburg, VA
Posted 15 days ago
This position assists the Human Resources Manager in the administration of people development planning, performance management, labor agreement updates, equal opportunity employment, safety, training, employee communication, preparation of new job descriptions, and updates of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinates external recruitment searches for houry and salary positions as directed by Company management.
- Oversee and Coordinate all employeel functions, including but not limited to, coordination of performance reviews for all salary employees, and recruitment and orientation of new employees.
- Maintain human resource department files and records and retrieve information as required.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in Labor Relations issues, including but not limited to, grievance administration, labor negotiations, contract interpretation, and coordination of legal issues.
- Coordinate and assist with open enrollment correspondence.Handle distribution of employee benefits information as required..
- Coordinates the Company's internal posting and selection program in compliance with all legal requirements.Ensures that applicants are interviewed and selected in a fair and equitable manner, that procedures are followed relative to employment and reference checks are completed before an employment offer is made.
- Coordinates the establishment and maintenance of Human Resource related policies in procedures to maintain alignment with Company objectives and legal compliance.
- Assure that all new employees receive appropriate orientation to U.S. Pipe and their respective jobs.
- Conduct industry and area surveys of wages and benefits and prepare cost data, economic and non economical proposals for use in the Company's annual negotiations with unions representing its bargaining employees.
- Undertake special projects and assignments as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related area.
Experience must include at least five to eight years of human resources generalist experience in the areas of training, salaried recruitment, wage and salary administration, labor relations, management/supervisory training, safety, EEO/AA and employee communications.
Manufacturing and Union experience is preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must be familiar with most governmental, state and federal laws and guidelines relating to employment.
Willing to travel 10% of the time.
Computer literate, able to utilize general business software.