To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Broadcast IT Engineer
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 day ago
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WBMA, in Birmingham, AL, has an excellent career opportunity for a full-time Broadcast IT Engineer! In this role, you will support the Engineering Department on its daily computer, network operations and broadcast equipment. This position involves maintaining computers, servers, ENG equipment and other equipment related to television transmission and video automation systems, as well as business-side work stations. You will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast equipment.
In addition, you will also be responsible for maintaining computer network and broadcast equipment at Sinclair owned and operated facilities, including WABM, WBMA, WTTO, and other facilities as needed. You must be efficient in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the management of Servers, Network Security and Network Services
- PC/Mac hardware/software support of on-site installing, servicing and repairing workstations
- Provide support for the technical needs of the News Department
- Assist with video equipment set-up and maintenance
- Assist Engineering with Transmitter and Master Control maintenance
- Assist with LAN and WAN related hardware and software maintenance
- Develop knowledge of facility specific IT needs and assist in supporting these systems
- Apply regular security updates
- Perform physical inventory of equipment
- Maintain digital telephone system
- Perform maintenance on ENG equipment
- Associates degree or higher in IT, electronics, or computer related field
- 2-4 years of related broadcast experience
- A great team-oriented attitude and dedication to quality
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and competency in core hardware and computer system technologies, including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and LAN/WAN networking
- Knowledge of ENG equipment
- Proficiency in troubleshooting problems and responding quickly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Avid related software and hardware products is a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- On-call duty, including weekends and holidays
- The ability to lift equipment generally less than 50 pounds
You must apply online at www.sbgi.net to be considered for the position.