Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function provide legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations, risks and privileges of the organization. Protect the organization's rights in contract negotiations, settlements and litigation. Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and the specific business practices of this particular business within UnitedHealth Group so as to best advise senior business leaders. Provides a full range of legal advice and services and may specialize in one of more areas such as mergers and acquisitions, transactional work, commercial law, contracts law, benefit law, insurance law, regulatory and compliance.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 4+ years of professional legal firm, government or corporate environment
- Background in health insurance, finance and/or managed care industry
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Technology experience in areas such as consumer experience, privacy, email, electronic communications, digital marketing, or artificial intelligence, etc.
- Proven success in collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment, including excellent written/verbal communications skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate and determine appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, and external company contacts
- Background in legal and regulatory matters impacting the health care industry, particularly in topic areas specified above, including, for example: ACA, ERISA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, UETA/E-Sign, etc.
- Background in state and/or federal privacy issues/matters impacting the health care industry
- Demonstrated ability in expressing ideas and influencing others and building consensus among many stakeholders
- Live within a commutable distance of Minnetonka, MN
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate General Counsel, Juris Doctorate, Legal, Health Insurance, Managed Care, Regulatory, Government, Corporate, Finance, Privacy, Medicare Advantage Bids, Medical Loss Ratio filings, MLR, CMS, M&R, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare