Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
130 miles east of Des Moines, and 230 miles west of Chicago, Cedar Rapids is a city in eastern Iowa. The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art includes many works by native Iowan painter Grant Wood. Brucemore is an estate with acres of gardens and an 1880s mansion, which houses local history displays. Nearby, Bever Park has an ice rink, a pool and farm animals. The National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library offers exhibits on the history and culture of 19th-century immigrants.
Evergreen Packaging Equipment is located in the city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with close proximity to Chicago. Initially begun in 1880 to service the dairy industry, EPE now manufactures gable-top carton filling machines, making Evergreen Packaging a fully vertically integrated carton provider for its customers. EPE has 170 team members and now has 1300 installed machines in over 50 countries.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Technician
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
Please note: Eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $12k and an earning potential of $100k in first year
- Candidate must live close to Missouri/Iowa border
Field Service Technician provides technical service and support for customers who own and operate Evergreen filling machines. The technician is trained and knowledgeable to install, inspect, troubleshoot and service this equipment. The technician also trains the customer’s personnel on proper operating and maintenance techniques to ensure good packing outputs.
- Conducts/controls service activities as assigned to ensure timely customer support and safety are achieved while meeting the budgeted goals and objectives for productivity and utilization.
- Communicates well with central scheduling, management, other departments and customers.
- Functions as the equipment service technician within the departmental advising EPE service management and/or engineering of any problems or situations with models of current or modified design.
- Provides learning experiences for both customer and EPE plant personnel on machine operation.
- Learns and grows skill sets and competencies to achieve both business and personal development objectives.
- Meets corporate business and team objectives for antitrust compliance, business information protection, EEO, safety, quality, ethical behavior and learning.
- Performs the job safely within an environment which the technician does not control.
- Maintains high performance of the paper packaging equipment to defend against the competition.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, use meter & troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Good working knowledge of pneumatics (valves, air cylinders etc.).
- Must be a good communicator (including written and verbal English).
- Self-driven to work alone and also in teams, when needed
- Travel to customer site within assigned territory/region.
- Valid drivers license.
- Working knowledge to verify inputs & outputs of a PLC and other analog components from HMI (Note: Not required to program PLC or trouble shoot PLC programs)
- Experience in operating/maintaining packaging equipment or equivalent in dairy/juice industry.
- Work with PC Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers
Packaging And Labeling