Lead Software Engineer - Application Security
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jasper Posner
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000A bit about us:
THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE AND OPEN TO ANYONE IN THE US OR CANADA
We are a dynamic, growing company with the spirit of a startup but a solid customer base and a 10-year history of leadership in application security. Today, we are a rapidly growing and profitable Application Security Software Company. Our growing customer list includes Fortune 500 Companies, iconic brands, and growing start-ups. We have offices in Downtown Boston, San Francisco, London, and Tokyo. We foster a collaborative and inclusive work culture that has resulted in employee retention rates and average tenures well above the industry standard. At this time, we have new products on our road map and are hiring a Lead Software Engineer with experience leading teams in the development of software products from the ground up to join our team. The ideal candidate should have leadership experience designing and building a cloud-based infrastructure in support of web-based APIs, as well as knowledge of network and application security, penetration testing, and reverse engineering. If that sounds like you, please keep reading!Why join us?
As a small team, each of us has the opportunity to have a direct impact on our growth as a company and the success of our customers. We are guided by four key principles:
1. Passion – for our mission and the success of our customers. We put learning, excellence and integrity at the forefront of all that we do and we are leaders in our field because of it.
2. Play to Win – going “all in” to exceed expectations. We focus on what can be achieved, taking intelligent risks to anticipate new threats and pursue innovative solutions.
3. Get Stuff Done – seeing obstacles as opportunities. We operate with velocity and focus to ensure our results are amazing.
4. Collaboration – because we are all in it together! We put the success of our team above our own and embrace diverse ideas and perspectives, treating each other with respect.
What's In It For You
- We've offered our employees the freedom to work remotely long before Covid. This position is 100% remote and will remain so.
- Competitive salary, bonus structure, and generous equity
- Leadership, ownership, outsized impact and opportunity for advancement
- Unlimited PTO including paid parental leave
- Healthcare, Dental, Life, disability and retirement benefits
- Flexible working hours
We are seeking a seasoned Lead Software Engineer to partner with our Product organization to deliver new products to market in the Application Security domain. You are a hands-on technical leader with proven leadership skills and are ready to grow with us! You will help establish and lead a small team focused on API development. This position represents an exciting opportunity to join a growing cyber-security industry leader with a diverse product line specializing in protecting the mobile economy. This role will provide the right candidate the ideal opportunity to bring new, innovative ideas to market, through hands-on technical work and leadership of a small team.
- Several years of recent professional experience writing code in C++. You are highly proficient with C++
- Has partnered with Product leaders and lead a team of Software Engineers in the development of a Commercial Software Product from scratch or from an MVP
- 7+ years of development experience with a proven track record of delivering solutions to a production environment
- 3+ years as a development lead, ideally in a global company
- Thorough understanding of mobile and web applications and platforms
- Experience in implementing web-based API’s for end-user facing applications
- Experience building and maintaining highly-available cloud solutions
- Experience in building or designing a cloud-based infrastructure in support of a web-based API
- Knowledge of HTTPS Security and Message Construction
- Experience designing applications with strict performance requirements while being used by millions of users.
- Natural communicator with the ability to persuade and inspire others
- Excellent proficiency with written and spoken English
- Resourceful and well organized
- Innovative approaches to solving technical and business problems
- Professional experience developing software for iOS and/or Android in Objective C, Swift, Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of network and application security, penetration testing, or reverse engineering
- Experience with web application firewall (configuration and implementation) of a WAF
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10 Threats
- Experience using a SIEM or working in a SOC
- Experience with microservices and app containerization
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
Open Web Application Security
Security Information And Event Management