What You Will Do:
Director of Behavioral Health Services -- UM Shore
Full-Time – Day Shift, 24/7 Accountability
We are looking for a Director of Behavioral Health Services to join our extraordinary team at University of Maryland Shore Regional Health.
At University of Maryland Shore Regional Health, you can learn, grow and make a lasting impact on patients and families. You’ll experience the support of a collaborative work environment and a sense of collegiality unlike any other. Our comprehensive system has many locations and practice options to choose from throughout the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.
REPORTS TO: Vice President / Patient Care Services / CNO
SUPERVISES: All Staff withinBehavioral Health at UM Shore
Easton -- Substance Out-Patient
Tele Med -- Chestertown & Queen Anne Emergency
Tele Med -- Easton & Dorchester
Tele Med -- Denton
Bridge Clinic -- Cambridge ("Homebase")
Behavioral Health Response Team -- UM Shore
"Homebase" for this role is in Cambridge, MD.
However, travel between ALL locations is expected (Dorchester, Easton, Denton, Cambridge, & Chestertown)
- Work to build relationships and partnerships across the 5 county region of Eastern Shore.
- Primary duty the overall management of nursing and other assigned departments within the system with 24-hour accountability for operations and quality outcomes.
- Responsible for short- and long-range planning, staffing, and development of a budget for the departments. Integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental services to achieve objectives.
- Establishes policies, procedures, standards, and objectives for the departments consistent with organization's goals.
- Works through managerial and supervisory personnel to accomplish set goals and objectives.
At UM Shore Regional Health, you’ll experience:
- The advantages of working for a Magnet® designated Medical Center
A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement and a student loan repayment program*
- Great place to work, great place to live (Eastern Shore)
Want to know what it’s like to be a Nurse at UM Shore Regional Health? URL blocked - click to apply
*restrictions applyWhat You Need to Be Successful:
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Master's degree required.
- Current Maryland licensure (RN or Social Work)
- CPI training (must have or be willing to obtain).
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in middle management level.
- Knowledge of licensure and regulatory agency requirements.
- Eastern Shore residence is strongly perferred for success in this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.