Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. It is a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced environment filled with engineers and scientists who share a passion to be the best.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Product Marketing Engineer
At Teledyne LeCroy, the Product Marketing team plays a key role in understanding customer’s technical requirements, communicating them to the development team, and then bringing innovative products to the marketplace. The nature of any high technology business, is a deep technical understanding of the core customer requirements and an innovative approach to meeting their needs. As such, the communication of Teledyne LeCroy’s specific value is largely a technical function that requires an understanding of the customer problem, the Teledyne LeCroy solution, and the competitive situation with a clear and compelling presentation of the value that we can offer.
This position is requires a unique combination of technical, business, and verbal/written communication skills. For the right candidate who demonstrates leadership skills and demonstrable results, this position is on the track to becoming an Associate Product Marketing Manager and then a Product Marketing Manager.
Major Product Marketing Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop a basic technical proficiency on all Product Lines and Vertical Markets. Understand product uses, customer needs, competition, and Teledyne LeCroy advantages and weaknesses.
- Define and create core message(s) that are appealing to customers and the sales channel and that describe unique Teledyne LeCroy value.
- Provide high level tactical sales direction and support to worldwide AEs and SEs in defined circumstances.
- Evaluate Teledyne LeCroy and competitive products and create/maintain detailed competitive comparisons, and summarized sales tools.
- Create training materials and tactical documents to support products after launch. Present information at internal and external training events.
- Support the various Product Marketing Managers in their efforts to define, position, launch, and support Teledyne LeCroy products.
- As required, create product launch materials, follow defined processes, and work collaboratively with other Teledyne LeCroy teams to successfully launch new products.
- Periodic travel in the field in support of key business opportunities, promotion opportunities, trade shows and conferences, technical committee meetings or “plug fests” (~20%)
- BS in an engineering field (preferably Electrical Engineering)
- Strong technical knowledge along with an engaging personality and good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of using oscilloscope and other test and measurement equipment
- Working experience of programming with Matlab, Python, LabView, or Visual Basic
- Customer service experience
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.