POSITION SUMMARY: The Collections Services Representative position is accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue fees from customers according to the terms of each music performance agreement. The position also requires the collector to foster customer relations and facilitate fee-dispute resolution. This requires interaction with licensing, accounting and audit representatives to resolve outstanding issues. Collection is performed via the use of dialer, preview/predictive, for customer contact and sending dunning letters, some of which must be customized.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contacts customer via dialer campaigns and establishes reason for past due account situation; makes arrangements for payments to bring account current and note appropriate result/reason to ensure timely follow up until obligation is satisfied.
- Secure outstanding reports.
- Complete high-volume collection activities via dialer and manually as needed to maximize cash receipts.
- Use initiative and imagination to achieve targeted results, while promoting customer goodwill.
- Composes correspondence requiring knowledge of procedures and practices in collections, and also sends a variety of standard collection letters via manual and fulfillment processes.
- Accept credit card and e-check payments (with EFT, recurring and single payment options).
- Maintain accurate records about customer contact and status of collection efforts.
- Create cases and forward to related departments as necessary to fulfill customer requests/process flow requirements.
- Reviews and advances delinquent accounts to Director for Legal review when collection cycle is exhausted.
- Requests adjustments, handles queries and resolves issues within contract/company guidelines and policy.
- Troubleshoots systems issues and make appropriate screen prints of issues as needed to resolve them.
- Performs specialized work, such as collection in various markets requiring specific knowledge of contract requirements, performing research, reconcile financial disputes (including TV per Program accounts) and scanning customer correspondence to document imaging system.
- Notify licensing of sales opportunity and other changes in music use when alerted to such changes via customer contact.
- Prepares status change, write-off and refund requests/cases for approval.
- Arrange payment plans within established guidelines.
- Issue payment confirmation letters and solidify payment plans in writing.
- Use skip-tracing techniques to locate customers.
- Obtain/forward past due invoices and other documents necessary in the customer service/collections process.
- Assist director and upper management with projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
- Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches; corrected or uncorrected.
- Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years collection experience; have experience with an automated telephone dialing system; and must be detail oriented with experience in Word, Excel and Access.
Skills and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of standard collections practices.
- Understanding of Call Center technology (Five9 preferred).
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Working knowledge of computerized CRM (Salesforce) and A/R systems (Oracle).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Good listening skills.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Customer Relationship Management
Attention To Detail