To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- National General Insurance
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Territory Sales Manager
National General Insurance • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Manage relationships with the agencies in assigned territory
- Meet the agreed upon new business production goals and aid appointed agents in underwriting or claims problems
- Manage current agencies to increase written premium volume goals
- Solicit new agencies, evaluate their potential to write quality new business, and appoint qualified new agencies
- Decrease the percentage of non-producing agents within the territory, by reviewing agents' production figures periodically and work with more experienced personnel to suggest improvement, modify, or cancel agency appointments
- Maintain competitor information and communicate key information within 24 hours of being made aware of situation
- Research and provide product managers with detailed documentation
- Carry out reporting and other required administrative duties
- Handle special projects as requested which may include, but is not limited to, attending special events with agents and assisting with organization or agency seminars and continuing education classes.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Previous experience in sales and/or Property & Casualty claims handling
- Ability to evaluate agencies for new business potential
- Solid understanding of the Insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Valid U.S. State-issued driver's license required
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Works independently with little supervision
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.