To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1205 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Baker - Part Time - Johnson Ferry (044)
The Fresh Market, Inc • Marietta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
As a key member of the Bakery department, the Baker is responsible for the production tools, par baking schedule, and preparing all specialty breads, pastries, and pies. The Baker also assists our customers in choosing high quality pastries, breads, pies, and other various specialty items, including cookies and cakes. Bakers work in a fast paced, multitasked environment. Primary job duties include providing excellent customer service, assisting with the packaging of product, keeping the department clean at all times, and answering customer questions regarding services and products offered. Bakers are also responsible for ensuring that all baking schedules and timelines are met on a daily basis, as well as being responsible for following all company, departmental and store policies and procedures.Position Description
- Baking and handling a variety of the department’s specialty breads and pastries throughout the day per the production tool and baking schedule; answering specific customer requests and maintaining quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter. Sampling product as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department and sales floor and follow approved procedures for packaging, rotating, and slicing; Providing supervision to Bakery Clerks as needed.
- Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking the sales floor with products as needed; Maintaining proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when replenishing stock levels.
- Follow and utilize the planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department as well as duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Quality and safety duties include inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of product. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Prep area cleaning includes taking apart, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils, and washing floors, walls, coolers, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat or visor, hair net, beard guard, and cutting glove as needed.
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and work across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Par baking experience is preferred, not required.
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- The safe and proper handling of slicers, knives and other kitchen utensils and equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.