Executive Director of Delaware Adult Services
KenCrest, a leading provider of services for individuals with developmental disabilities is looking for an Executive Director of Delaware Adult Services to support our DE offices. The successful candidate will have a spirit of innovation in their approach to projects, processes and people; and, visionary leadership skills. This position is responsible for the development and operations of DE Services, and for the overall administration of the program.
The Executive Director of Delaware Adult Services is responsible for our agency strategic planning to carry out and pursue the goals outlined in the agency vision and values. This position is responsible for providing individuals with a meaningful life by providing opportunities for services, supports and personal relationships to lead them to a happy and full life in the community.
KenCrest aims to provide a desirable work experience full of rewards and career paths. As a key member of our Delaware office the Executive Director of Delaware Adult Services will enjoy stimulating challenges and opportunities to make a long lasting, positive impact on the work life satisfaction of our employees.
- Develop working relationships and collaboration with PA corporate offices on a regular basis
- Work with the State of Delaware to create and develop potential services throughout all three counties of Delaware
- Develop a uniform system of service delivery to all individuals served across all DE program areas
- Ensure DE services are in compliance with all federal and state regulations and agency guidelines
- Develop DE policies and procedures
- Ensure direct support hours are accurate and up to date
- Ensure the development of an individual program plan for each individual that is based on an assessment of each individual's needs.
- Maintain ongoing familiarity with individuals at each program site
- Ensure the evaluation and re-evaluation of programs using internal and external assessment mechanisms.
- Ensure proper maintenance of agency property and fixed assets.
- Demonstrate consistent visibility throughout all DE programs
- Provide input, monitoring, and adjustment of DE operating budget in conjunction with Fiscal Department and Departmental Directors
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with State and county offices that provide funding and monitor consumer progress.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with individual families
- Attend internal and external meetings as DE representative
- Interpret and implement agency philosphy and establish standards of excellence for staff
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other Agency Directors
- Provide leadership to Program Coordinators and Program Managers
- Ensure all regularly mandated processes have consistent forms across each departmental area
- Develop DE Plan of Corrections as well as other written requests along with the Quality Manager
- Work with external healthcare and behavioral health professionals regarding specific individual needs as they arise
Director of DE Services
- Approve appropriate spending of Departmental purchases and large purchases for individual residents
- Represent KenCrest at external provider meetings
- Ensure all services and supports occur in locations of superior quality and integrity and are proactively maintained regularly
- Responsible for receiving resident referrals from the State regional office and making appropriate residential placement across all three counties
- Ensures census report is completed monthly and submitted by admin staff
- Ensure service authorizations are renewed and submitted to DDS as necessary
- Implement KenCrest's mission and philosophy and establish standards of excellence for staff
- Ensure agency focus implements meaningful life philosophy and mission
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a field relating directly to the services provided; for example, Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, or Special Education
- Required minimum of four (4) years of experience in program servics for persons with intellectual disabilities and four (4) years experience in supervision and administration.
- Clear criminal record and other backgorund checks in accordance with state requirements
Full - time; Salaried
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
37.5 hour a week
KenCrest offers a wide variety of benefits for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more. Please see the KenCrest website for additional details.