To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Design Engineer (ID# 35583)(Senior Engineer)
WSP / USA • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 7 days ago
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Other Great Industries
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Design Engineer for our civil engineering team in the Utah Office. WSP USA is a global consulting firm assisting public and private clients to plan, develop, design, construct, operate and maintain thousands of critical infrastructure projects around the world. This position will function as the lead engineer on major projects for local agency clients, including the Utah Department of Transportation, on small to large scale highway infrastructure projects in Utah and the surrounding area. Candidate must be capable of applying diversified knowledge of design principles and practices, and independently making decisions on significant technical problems or methods. Be involved in projects with our Utah Transportation Group and be a part of a growing team that solves our client’s objectives and challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing highway and interchange designs, for conceptual level to final design/contract document level
- Assists in the formulation of advanced technical concepts during proposal development, preliminary design phases, final design phases and presentations to client
- Responsible for coordination with other design disciplines, including roadway, traffic, structures, hydraulics/drainage, storm water, traffic, electrical, utilities, right of way, environmental, and erosion control
- Ensures that production of specifications, reports and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements
- Responsible for preparation of project related reports and fact sheets
- Responsible for preparation of plans, specifications, and estimate bid packages
- Represents respective projects at meetings with client, stakeholders and contractors
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and oversees the work of other engineers
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- At least 5 of those year must be in the field of transportation
- Must be self-motivated with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MicroStation and Inroads design software skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a team environment
- Professional registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Utah
- Equivalent experience and Engineering-in-Training may be considered
- Experience working on projects for the Utah Department of Transportation
- Alternative Delivery (design-build) experience
- Experience managing and supervision other engineers and technicians
Job ID: 35583
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.