Our Cloud Platform Solutions Architect will define our cloud adoption and is involved with planning, managing, and monitoring. This role will be responsible for making key cloud architect decisions including technologies and services to use, defining governance, working with application teams on their needs, working with cloud platform engineering team to find solutions based upon requirements. Reports to the Sr. Manager of Cloud Platform Engineering. Interacts regularly with IT and business stakeholders including Product Managers, Engineer Managers, Engineers, Scrum Masters, System Architects, and Enterprise Architects.
What you will do...
- Migrate all of our applications, an opportunity to learn how to move large scale applications to the cloud
- Define the future road map for containers for continuous deployment
- Will be working with evolving observability stack includes logging, metrics, and tracing.
- Be part of cloud platform team of 15 engineers including 3 principal engineers who have been working in the cloud for the past 4 - 5 years, there will be lots of noodling and mentoring. In addition, you will also be working closely with the enterprise architect team.
Skills you have...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, 5 to 10 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. TOGAF certification, or related industry certification, is preferred
- 5 years of experience with a diverse set of Public Cloud Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, application services, databases)
- A minimum of 5 years of technical leadership and infrastructure architecture experience
- Hands-on Experience migrating both custom built and enterprise apps to AWS
- Hands-on Experience with AWS security, identity and compliance related disciplines such as IAM, Organizations, S3 bucket policies, WAF, Shield, ACM, KMS, etc
- Strong understanding of compute components (CPU, Memory, Hard Disk) through virtualization within an on-premise data centers and/or 3rd party cloud data centers (such as AWS)
- Experience with Application Platform as a Service optimizing application delivery, CI/CD frameworks, Infrastructure automation and other and DevOps principles leveraging options such as Amazon, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience in networking technologies: Virtualization, VPN, Physical and Software Load Balancers, network protocols, SDN, DNS, etc
- Expertise in the following AWS security domains: Incident Response, Logging and Monitoring, Infrastructure Security, Identity and Access Management, and Data Protection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.