Our Department Managers qualify for a 10% Annual Target Bonus. You may qualify for a sign-on bonus.
At Advance Auto Parts we have a passion for YES. Each day we are motivated by a passion to help our Customers. Since we are an essential business we have a commitment to advance the lives of over 70,000 fellow Team Members plus impact our Customers, and the Communities where we live and work. We also understand concerns of going into the workplace due to COVID-19 however, Advance Auto Parts makes Team Member safety a top priority. We take extra precautions on every level with our cleaning and sanitization methods which exceed CDC recommended guidelines.
With over 5,100 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, we are a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider. With opportunities ranging from our front lines in our Stores to our Distribution Centers to our Corporate Support Center and our rapidly growing Professional Business. We believe in team work, collaboration, setting up employees for successful career growth opportunities with our best in class training programs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to the following:
- Medical /Dental / Vision / Prescription
- Flex Time Off
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Plus Much More!
This is a DC Department Manager Role in our DC in Delaware, OH.
DC Department Managers at Advance Auto Parts works with the Operations Manager to develop and implement strategies that drive continuous improvement and maximize productivity and efficiency to reduce overall costs.
The Department Manager must be knowledgeable in all facets of the Distribution Center (DC), overseeing or more of the following departments: Shipping, Receiving, Replenishment Reclamation, Inventory Control, etc.
The DC Department Manager is responsible for ensuring a continuous stream of talent to sustain organizational growth and improve operations by attracting, retaining, and developing team members and meet their needs for career growth.
DC Department Manager Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directly responsibility for the overall direction and coordination of the department with 50+ Team Members
- Conduct start-up meetings with Team Managers to discuss daily results, shift and department goals, directives/workloads, staffing needs, schedules, safety/housekeeping issues, and work assignments; discuss goals and objectives for the shift/department and Team Member performance
- Ensure that inventory is received appropriately and efficiently, and processed in a timely and safe manner by following established procedures; manage through Team Managers and Team Members to ensure product is picked accurately, pick locations are at full capacity, and on time shipment to the stores
- Responsible for the efficient operations of the Warehouse Management System(s) (WMS) and Red Prairie (RP); assuring Red Prairie/Payroll data is updated daily and submitted to HR on time
- Meet with Operations Manager and Team Manager to discuss and review work methods, procedures, and controls, and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement of product and recommend alternative solutions as needed
-3 to 5 years prior leadership experience in a warehouse related field.
-Previous work experience in a warehouse or distribution center including material handling, inventory tracking, and providing work direction to other teammates.
-Associate Degree, or equivalent experience.
Bi-Lingual skills preferred, but not required.
Want to know more about our DCs? https://player.vimeo.com/video/461579151
Warehouse Management System