Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
General Clerk II, 2nd shift
2nd Shift Hours: Monday – Friday: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Internal Candidates: Please apply in WorkDay between 8/27/19 - 9/3/19
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
PAE has an opportunity for a General Clerk II to join our team on our Federal Government contract in Lincoln, NE. As a General Clerk II, you will select appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or make simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others. This position requires familiarity with the terminology of the office unit.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations from a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. Clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task.
- Collects and processes fees in accordance with the Department of Treasury Financial Manual and in accordance with policies and procedures regarding safeguarding and accounting of financial instruments (cash, checks, and money orders).
- Endorses fees and prepares them for depository pick up on the next business day after the fees were received in the Service Center.
- Accurately generates, prepares, reconciles, and reports daily deposits in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitors and safeguards fees at all times while within custody in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Opens mail and removes contents.
- Routes mail to correct location if delivered incorrectly.
- Maintains the Regional Mail boxes and special handling mail logs for designated agencies.
- Handles and processes Registered Mail according to policies and procedures.
- Achieves a basic knowledge of computer operating systems to include retrieval of individual application information, data entry, and generation of file labels.
- Collects information from source documents and input data into various formatted screens in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Keys in fields such as A-file number, date of birth, name and alias (es), address, attorney name and address, monetary amount, corrections, updates to applicant/petitioner information, and other pertinent information.
- Verifies the accuracy of the information entered into systems. As needed, searches for valid data within source documents when entering information from specific forms.
- Reviews applications and/or petitions for completeness, jurisdiction, signature, and correct fee, and processes those compliant and non-compliant applications/petitions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Appropriately and correctly prepares and affixes barcode labels and other identifiers.
- Generates screen printouts in conjunction with data entry in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Scans biometric information from documents, as required, and performs cropping, scaling and adjusting of contrast and brightness as necessary to achieve an acceptable quality image for document production.
- Scans, processes, and verifies fingerprint submissions for submission
- Schedules biometric appointments in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Fills customer requests/orders for files (including but not limited to walk-in, phone or email requests). This includes pulling and delivery for expedited file requests.
- Researches all PP inquiries that come in via email and phone and responds to requestor and stakeholders of their find (claims, etc.) within 4 hours.
- Requests and receives files from other service centers, and delivers accordingly.
- Creates files in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Scans materials accurately.
- Assembles e-Filed and Lockbox applications and/or petitions and other materials in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Photocopies application and petition-related documents
- Distributes completed files according to SOPs.
- Provides accurate and timely production data for Team and other production reporting requirements.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to internal controls by backing out of time keeping or data reporting screens and logging off computer terminals when not in use.
- Secures workstations and all documents at the close of each work shift.
- Monitors and safeguards applications and petitions, including fees, at all times in accordance with contractor policies and procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Able to obtain and maintain a background check/security determination - full field background check required
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive 7-year criminal and credit history background check
- Must successfully complete a drug screening
- Must pass a Core Skills Computer Assessment.
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of eighteen (18) months of experience working in an office environment with computer experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Courier must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times and use equipment such as dollies and carts.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply