* Assesses patient and family needs, reports new or pertinent findings to RN and physician.
* Follows prescribed plan of care as completed by the RN in order to address identified needs.
* Adheres to daily patient assignments as directed by the Clinical Manager/RN Supervisor providing personal care, observation, procedures, and medication administration.
* Demonstrates the skills and judgments to implement the medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient, within the guidelines of his/her licensure.
* Assess, evaluates and reassesses the identified issues/symptoms patients are exhibiting, care provided and patient's response on a continuing basis.
* Meets the safety needs of the patient using equipment safely and properly.
* Collaborates and communicates on a regular basis with the RN/Clinical Manager and members of the interdisciplinary team as needed.
* Assists patients and families in accessing appropriate community resources.
* Records documentation to reflect patient care. Documentation is clear, concise and addresses specifics of teaching, direct care and response of patient / caregiver.
* Knowledgeable about and adheres to the VNA compliance plan, policies and procedures.
* Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects VNA's commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved LPN school of nursing.
* Current LPN license in MA.
* CPR certification required.
* Minimum one (1) year recent experience in an acute care facility.
* Homecare and computer skills preferred.
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care
- Health Care
- Home Care