To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Charleston, SC
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Charleston, SC
Our client is seeking Senior Software Engineers for to create high-impact applications that are consumer and patient facing. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Node.js, Express, Knex, Mongoose, OAuth, JWT, AWS, JSON, Docker, SQL/ NoSQL.
About the job?
The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to build out and maintain the Platform.
You have a passion for code and putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products.
- Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable a custom Platform Ecosystem.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- Expert in Node.js
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- 3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or senior engineer.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Software Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- REST - Micro Services: 3 years (Required)
- Node JS: 3 years (Required)
- Cloud Architecture: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
You’re going to love
- Paid time off
- Healthcare including dental, vision, and life
- Involvement and input into every phase of a project
- Complex, challenging projects and incredible clients that inspire out of the box thinking
- An accommodating, collaborative, and open environment in which culture and personality is valued and respected.
- A Mac-based office
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178