Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Constellis is seeking a Full Time Firefighter at the Alexandria International Airport / England Airpark in Alexandria, Louisiana location.
The fire department provides emergency and non-emergency services including but not limited to ARFF, Structural, EMS (non-transporting), Hazardous Material Response, Inspections, and Fire Prevention Programs for employees, tenants, residents, and visitors of the Airpark.
Under the direction of the shift officer, firefighters/driver operators perform structural and ARFF firefighting related functions as well as other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all assigned activities at England Airpark and its facilities.
- Perform all duties as set forth in the job description for Firefighter / Driver Operator.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency request for service.
- Perform required training and maintain required state and local certifications/licenses.
- Document information on prescribed forms and submit reports in accordance with company policy.
- Operate an emergency vehicle in accordance with state laws and company policy.
- Perform required vehicle, equipment and station inspections and maintenance, pre-fire planning, public education and other collateral duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the attitude of a professional to include maintaining professional appearance and courteous, ethical behavior.
- Participate in professional education and fitness training
- Work as in integral team player interacting positively with other employees and contributing to regional and corporate goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 23 years of age
- US Citizen
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid drivers' license and driving history acceptable to the customer
- Ability to pass and maintain a background check acceptable to customer and FAA
- Ability to pass pre-employment and annual Firefighter/DOT physical, Drug Screen, and Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver qualifications on all apparatus within one (1) year of appointment
- Minimum two (2) years full time firefighting experience
- IFSAC or NPQS Firefighter I/II or ability to obtain with six (6) months of appointment
- IFSAC or NPQS Haz Mat Operations or ability to obtain with six (6) months of appointment
- NREMT/LABEM EMR or the ability to obtain within twelve (12) months of appointment
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 or ability to obtain with six (6) months of appointment
- Current AHA CPR (Professional Rescuer Level)
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Operate small equipment and power tools.
- Operate a computer keyboard.
- Operate office equipment.
- Lift and carry up to 160 pounds.
- Climb ladders/stairs.
- Walk, crawl, sit, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, jump, and run.
- See, hear, talk, and write.
- Have physical dexterity and agility.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Operate airport radio.
- Operate machinery.
- Ability to perform the above functions while wearing full PPE, SCBA, and carrying additional equipment and/or other persons.
- Read and comprehend.
- Comprehend, retain and follow oral and written instructions.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Set priorities.
- Effectively communicate.
- Make informative presentations.
- Continue technical and physical training.
- Control high stress situations.
- Provide instructions and training.
- Direct others
- Complete forms.
- Make decisions.
- Work Environment
- Work as a team.
- Regular extended continuous work schedules.
- Outside and inside work sites.
- Understand and follow directions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. See the NFPA 1982 for additional content.
- Exposure to all type of weather and temperature conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, mud.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious substances.
- Exposure to moving machinery, nip points.
- Exposure to high stress situations.
- Exposure to life threatening situation.
- Work in bulky, heavy protective clothing.
- Multiple work sites.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
Personal Protective Equipment
National Incident Management Systems