As a Facilities Instrumentation and Controls Technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide variety of facilities control loop tubing for Instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, ultrapure water, Water reclamation and waste treatment systems.
- Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance duties.
- Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Selected candidate may be asked to complete certifications in support of emergency response team (ERT) duties.
- Work performed within generally defined parameters.
- Judgment required in resolving nonstandard problems. Normally receives general instructions on most work.
- Wide variety of duties in support of a semiconductor manufacturing plant. Working with field Instrumentation to measure temperature, humidity, pressure, flow and level. Includes air and water analytical equipment
- Developing calibration procedures and performing calibrations of process measurement and control loop systems that interface with PLCs and/or supervisory control and data acquisition software.
- Maintaining and expanding new control loops and maintenance of associated panels.
- Commissioning, startups and system integration of new facilities systems.
- Troubleshooting all types of field control loops and its components associated to facilities systems
- Working with a preventive maintenance schedule program and all associated hardware and software.
- Supporting and maintaining established system standards and documentation for process control loops and analytical equipment.
- Record retention management standards by developing new and managing existing calibration records and documentation as needed.
- Respond and support all operational user needs during emergencies, after hours, and weekends.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willingness to work a compressed day work week schedule.
- Expertise to maintain detailed accurate records and prepare necessary reports.
- Skills to perform work within generally defined parameters.
- Problem solving skills.
- Willingness to respond and support all operational user needs during emergencies, after hours, and weekends.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Associate's degree in Instrumentations and Controls, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field of study.
- +2 years of experience in one of the following:
- Instrumentation and Controls or relevant experience with working knowledge of automated industrial facilities systems, instrumentation, and pneumatic controls.
- Facilities equipment such as; Ultra-pure water, wastewater treatment, water reclamation and mechanical systems.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM
- ISA or NIST technical certifications.
- 6+ months experience in related operation, design, and construction standard practices.
- 6+ months of experience reviewing P and ID and schematic design drawings.
- IOT/Wireless control systems knowledge and experience.
- 6+ months of experience in field calibrations, PLC I/O configuration, and SCADA interfaces.
- 6+ months of experience with electronic control systems including DDC and PLCs
- PLC familiarity: specifically Allen Bradley PLCs 500 and 550s
- Ability to troubleshoot Rosemount PH, ORP, probes and any necessary calibration
- Familiar with the operations of temperature transmitters and understands operating parameters such as flow and pressure
- Basic understanding of CMMS system. Maximo preferred.
- Understands the importance of safety and working in an industrial environment.
- Shift schedule is a compressed work week and overtime may sometimes be required.
Powered by JazzHR
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Cladding (Construction)
- Control Systems
- Electronic Control Unit