About the role
Chime is looking for an Engineering Product Management Intern
to join our Engineering Services team
. You will gain valuable professional experience working with cutting edge cloud technology and distributed systems alongside engineers with a wealth of experience to share. This is an exciting opportunity to learn while playing a role in a critical initiative at Chime.
This role is structured as a 3 month engagement. For Colorado based roles: In accordance with applicable law, this role has a starting hourly rate of $42.00. The actual pay may be higher depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience. In this role, you can expect to:
To thrive in this role, you have/are:
- Learn and execute best practices in product management for infrastructural and developer tooling supporting one of the largest FinTech companies in existence.
- Conduct a deep dive into a wide range of Chime's internal developer needs.
- Learn and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from ideation, to experimentation, to launch.
- Document foundational knowledge and resources on messaging, compute/storage, and databases in the context of handling high-scale banking transactions.
A little about us
- Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Statistics, Economics, or related quantitative fields from an accredited college or university
- Coursework and/or hands-on experience with working on a team to plan, build, and deliver a technical solution
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for building efficient tools and processes for developers
- Passion for consumer FinTech
- Passion for learning from and leveraging user interviews, data, insights, and technology to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Bonus: experience with tools such as DataDog, Github, CI/CD pipelines, or AWS
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we've empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in FinTech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We've raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others. Perks once Full-Time
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
- Distributed Architectures