Concordia is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University invites applications for the position of Program Director for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program at the Ann Arbor, Michigan campus. The Physician Assistant Studies program is housed in the School of Health Professions. This position reports to the Dean of the School of Health Professions.
Concordia University full-time faculty fulfill the university's mission to help students develop in mind, body, and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and the world via teaching, scholarship and service. Concordia seeks an individual who has a strong vision for physician assistant higher education, and who can foster innovative education strategies to prepare PAs to meet the challenges of changing healthcare systems and collaborate with interprofessional teams.
- Develop and implement a clear and compelling vision for the Physician Assistant (PA) academic program
- Lead and manage the PA program in accordance with ARC-PA standards
- Oversee PA program planning and evaluation
- Recruit, hire, mentor, supervise and evaluate part-time and full-time PA program faculty
- Collaborate with other Concordia University academic programs and departments to promote interprofessional education
- Oversee the student admissions and selection process
- Oversee continuous review and analysis of the program's effectiveness and overall curricular and program assessment
- Teach PA courses in areas of expertise
- Perform peer-reviewed research in accordance with ARC-PA and university expectations
- Ensure program compliance with all ARC-PA policies, procedures, and practices
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with ARC-PA accreditation standards and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring of new standards/updates, maintenance of accurate information, timely submission of fees, following all ARC-PA procedures, and required documentation
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, research/scholarship and administration in an academic setting
- Effective communication, organizational and collaborative skills, including the ability to work effectively with members of other departments to meet Departmental, School and University mission and goals
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of faculty and staff to achieve PA program goals and outcomes
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of three years of full-time higher education experience
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program and certification by NCCPA with current eligibility to be employed in Michigan
- Master's degree in physician assistant studies or another discipline; earned doctoral degree is preferred
- Membership in a Christian congregation; members of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod are especially encouraged to apply
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, faculty, exempt position. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience. Concordia health, disability, and retirement plan enrollment are available to full-time employees and eligible dependents. Tuition benefits are also available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until successful candidate(s) are identified. To apply, please complete the online application and submit cover letter, resume/CV, statement of teaching philosophy and contact information for three professional references.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, over 40 master's degree programs, and 4 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Physician Assistant Studies Program Director
- Hardworking And Dedicated