The Business Development Manager is responsible for collaborating with the Healthcare Analytics Solutions leadership to support the execution of partnerships, alliances, and licensing programs which support our business growth objectives. The formation of strategic alliances and partnerships which bring technology, data, domain expertise and/or channels has been a critical element of our business growth over the last five years and we are looking to have a leader who can help HAS manage, standardize and accelerate the HAS BD function in an integrated, strategic manner.
• Stays current with emerging healthcare analytics technologies and trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking individual companies
• Maintain status of and accelerate active partner discussions
• Collaborate with the GM and Business Leaders, legal, finance as well as outside BD consultants and entities, to drive engagement process towards go/no-go decisions regarding collaborations
• For “Go” partners, advance discussions to MSAs and SOWs that result in on-market, monetizable activities, leveraging HAS Team and internal partners (legal et al) as well as our template agreements.
• Build out game board to enable strategic view of partner dialogues, facilitating rationalization and identification of unaddressed opportunities
• Tap into BD colleagues and partners to facilitate candidate partner identification, strategic synergies, etc.
• Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration to new venture of partner with company strategies and operations, examining risks and potentials, estimating partners’ needs and goals
• Conducts analyses to inform business decisions. Assists in development of financial models, materials, and recommendations for senior executive audiences
• Represents the Company and specific Clinical Franchises at industry conferences to create leads and identify potential partnership opportunities
• Supports ongoing maintenance of relationships with current and future prospects and partners
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
• Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA highly preferred
• Five years of experience in corporate or business development, corporate or product strategy, licensing, management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or other strategic business role
• Prior experience in healthcare strongly preferred, experience in healthcare technology solutions, data, analytics, and services would be a strong plus
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Strategic thinking, planning and project management skills
• Prospecting and selling skills
• Solid financial acumen, business judgment and analytical ability to make recommendations/decisions and to resolve complex problems
• Comfort level with assessment healthcare data and analytics technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills and team-work orientation
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders from different functions, businesses, and backgrounds, while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to work independently and to drive projects from start to finish
• High energy level, and self-driven personality