To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
- Evraz NA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Process Engineer
Evraz NA • Portland, OR
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
EVRAZ NA is hiring a Senior Process Engineer at our Portland, OR facility. As a Senior Process Engineer, you will be providing rolling coordination, support and troubleshooting services to Production Planning, Technical Services, Maintenance and Operations Departments in a highly automated hot steel rolling mill. This position reports to the Rolling Mills Superintendent.
- Obtain complete understanding of company process control systems and their impact on the production line beginning with the reheat furnace through plate and coil finishing area, with particular emphasis on the rolling mill and rolling process
- Follow and improve policies and procedures for documenting production practices
- Help develop and implement control systems and practices to improve production times, product quality, equipment performance, down-time reduction, and process automation
- Work with Automation L2 Model Engineers and Technical Services refining current Mill capabilities and practices that can be rolled within Mill capability
- Organize rolling campaigns for quality and productivity
- Remain current with EVRAZ business including appropriate level of understanding of product processes and applied technologies
- Understand product quality issues/defects and work with internal and external customers to solve quality issues
- Write proposals including business rules, process description, business controls, opportunities, costs, and benefits
- Analyze trends on performance data and identify commonalities within the data
- Participate and contribute to the achievement of department goals including goal setting
- Identify and solve chronic/repetitive problems and failures; reduce process variation
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent Mill related experience
- Minimum 10 years of Rolling Mill or Process Engineering experience
- Must have a working knowledge of steel rolling mill methods, product specifications and techniques involving the use of heavy mill machinery and related equipment
- Knowledge of data acquisition and analysis software, familiarity with iba-Analyzer-DB preferred.
- Extensive experience with hot rolling of steel and automatic gauge control and knowledge of hydraulic theory and hydraulic systems
- Aid in design of product development by creating rolling trials
- Develop training for team members to improve their work process
- Review material to be processed for accurate set up of practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to deal with opposing opinions and effect compromise
- Creative problem solver with high degree of analytical skills
- Well-organized self-starter, capable of budgeting time to meet priorities, while maintaining accuracy and functionality
- Able to read and interpret product specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able and willing to support 24-hour rolling mill operation through variable shifts and/or on-call
- Ability to work in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise