Business Analyst II - E-commerce - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
Are you Business Analyst that has a strong BA background with complimentary E-commerce and Customer Care knowledge? The primary focus of this role is working with Agile e-Commerce team, translating story requirements with the business owners and vendors, collaborating on integration design, and having a hands-on role throughout the entire sprint life cycle. This position will include both project and support/maintenance work as needed.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional that wants to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Work as part of an Agile team, building trust with the business to achieve organizational, business owner, and process owner goals.
- Provide leadership and facilitation to requirements gathering from product and business owners as well as conveying requirements to both vendors and team members.
- Play a critical role in the User Story writing, Story backlog building, and grooming process, helping to align the scrum team to prioritized value-add features in the form of User Stories.
- Work closely with team members during the development process to continually test changes to ensure produce expectations are being met from a quality perspective.
- Prepare project and process documentation artifacts in addition to User Stories including process flow diagrams, data modeling, and functional specifications for project and support team members.
- Seek change agent opportunities to work with the Scrum Team and the business to improve and optimize processes.
- Work closely with the enterprise architect to ensure alignment of plans with solutions to be delivered.
- Become a thought leader in current business processes and software to be a valued team member and provide insight on process improvement opportunities.
- Work with Product Owner to establish a long-term product roadmap to ensure the Scrum Team’s envisioning of the product evolution and help team capacity planning.
- Mentor junior staff on Agile methodologies, delivery techniques, and process improvement opportunities.
- Provide work and task estimates for Scrum planning.
- When needed play multiple roles on a project such as Scrum Master or QA.
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You’ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We’re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree / equivalent work experience
- 5 years of progressive analyst and support experience in a varied background of enterprise systems such as E-commerce, ERP, iStore Oracle EBS, Phone System, SaleForce, or custom software.
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to fluid situations, quick self-learner, and the ability to manage through complexity.
- Collaborate with others in both team settings, across the organizations, and to senior leadership.
- Hold yourself accountable, setting a high standard for yourself and others around you.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mentoring and/or managing others.
- Proficiency in planning, effective requirements gathering, and documenting and understanding business processes and procedures.
- Proven competence in planning, decision quality, and executing organizational change.
- Optimizes work processes through growth in understanding of business requirements, processes, and software.
- Proven background in problem resolution processes and support techniques for enterprise level software.
- Strong experience in a variety of e-commerce implementations, with specific knowledge of IBM e-commerce and is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer Care and order entry processes; customer account and account hierarchy structure; customer contracts for pricing and shipping.
- Strong background on working with outside vendors and/or offshore resources.
- Experience with Visio, Draw IO, and standard Microsoft office and project planning applications / tools.
NICE TO HAVE:
- iStore Oracle EBS.
- Jira experience.
- Background of automated testing tools and techniques.
- Experience with lean methodologies and process improvement such as Six Sigma, Lean Management, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Management etc.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
Imagine what we could do together.
Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Business Insight – Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Email blocked - click to apply and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation