ABOUT THE COMPANY:
• Our client in the government industry is looking to add a Budget Analyst their team. Our client has a flexible work schedule and excellent government benefits.
• The Budget Analyst position performs administrative and analytical duties in the areas of budget preparation, data analysis and process improvement.
This position will report to the Fiscal Operations ManagerRESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUDGET ANALYST:
• Coordinates the annual budget process by developing the budget calendar and the budget preparation manual and associated work.
• Oversees and participates in the development and administration annual budget; directs the forecast of funds; works with other departments in the development of their budgets, performance measurements, charts and graphs, and overall document.
• Develops the final budget document and Budget-in-Brief in compliance with GFOA criteria.
• Responsible for coordinating the annual board budget workshops, including agenda and associated visual presentations.
• Prepare various financial reports, including monthly tax reports, quarterly financial reports, and the Popular Annual Financial Report.
• Prepares drafts of speeches, presentations, resolutions, ordinances, contracts, administrative policies, etc., as assigned.
• Coordinates the formal bid process by assisting departments and attending bid openings. EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE BUDGET ANALYST:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Public Administration, Business Management
• 2+ years experience, recent college grads are welcome to apply
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidential information.
- Business Management
- Business Process Improvement