The Human Resources Generalist position leads best practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and employee satisfaction.
This position coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and benefits programs in partnership with internal and external resources; and assists and directly advises company employees and managers with regards to Human Resources issues, policies and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
• Communicate proactively and work with departmental managers to resolve employee concerns and issues
• Recruit, interview and hire new employees (as needed)
• Facilitates or provides training (including new-hire orientation) to the workforce
• Complete new-hire paperwork
• Manages employee related events and programs within your site’s budget
• Administers the corrective action process when necessary with proper documentation
• Manages the exit interview process
• Manages the introductory period probation process
• Assist with the delivery of the mid-year, and annual performance review processes
• Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and evaluate and recommend improvements to the HR processes and procedures continually to meet the needs of the HR department
• Participates in developing department goals and objectives.
• Facilitates as the lead role in department projects
• Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation: anticipating legislation enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities and providing solutions which add value to job accomplishments
• Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources management team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Federal and State employment law
• High level of interpersonal and organization skills
• Strong attention to detail in composing, proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
• Extensive knowledge with MS Word, Excel. Familiarity with HRIS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years human resources experience required
• 1-2 years of recruiting experience highly preferred
• 3 years of experience handling employee relation issues highly preferred
• Travel will be required to other regional offices on an as needed basis.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Employee Performance Management
Attention To Detail