Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Phillipines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
We are seeking a Fleet Analyst for our Remote Operations Center (ROC), which characterizes and tracks our Residential Solar and Storage fleet. The Remote Operation Center team provides visibility to our fleet of 300,000 sites and growing. This team leverages our monitoring infrastructure to track system operation based on terabytes of data – generated by millions of power electronics devices.
We are expanding our analytical capabilities to assess fleet health, operation, and performance. The near-term focus will be on fleet trends and analysis; site screening; and proactive customer support. In addition, this team will work to improve fleet operation through fleet-wide firmware deployments and reduce in-field service calls. The ROC team works with many cross-functional groups including engineering development, customer service, quality, manufacturing, operations, and technical support.
Excellent candidates will be capable of designing an analytical framework, system, or product. Additionally, the person filling this role will interact directly with our analytics and database team to build additional tools to characterize the fleet.
A strong technical analytics background and operations experience is expected. Working knowledge of solar energy and power electronics experience is preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor real-time operation and performance of fleet assets assigned to the ROC
- Coordinate through Customer Service to dispatch field and service personnel to assets as necessary
- Complete system-level review, analysis and diagnosis
- Provide regular updates on fleet analytics and operations reviews
- Deploy fleet upgrades through automated maintenance
- Respond to and evaluate system alarms, emergencies and irregularities, taking corrective action as provided in established guidelines and in accordance with safety practices
- Gather user feedback, translates requirements into product, and trains end-users on application operation
- Report progress to roadmap (features, improvements, targets) for each product line for current and legacy generations
- Create presentations to provide updates on emerging trends, risks and issues through an analytical framework
- Communicate as necessary with Customer Service, Analytics, Operations and Product Engineering to drive fleet operation and future product improvements
- B.S. degree in a STEM field and 5-8 years of related experience or M.S. Degree and 3-6 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Experience with either BI toolset or Python analytics environment
- General knowledge of SQL database concepts
- Creative, motivated and self-directed, must perform in high-pressure, dynamic environments
- Superior communications skills – both written and verbal with external and internal customers
- Detail-oriented internal and external customer service focus
- Proficient in data analysis, modeling and reporting with Excel
- Firm understanding of statistical concepts
- Experience with Python or comparable programming language for analytics
- Experience writing queries in SQL or NOSQL database language
- Experience with BI toolset such as Tableau, PowerBI, JMP, etc.
- General understanding of electrical engineering concepts
- Power electronics and/or control system experience
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Primarily office work
- Light lifting may be required
- Some travel may be required
- May require off-hour work schedule, including weekends, nights and holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.