Started in 1989, Duluth Trading Company exists to enable hard-working individuals to take on life with their own two hands. Folks that revel in doing it the hard way and celebrate finding a better way. We seek talented individuals who share these beliefs and are excited to further the Duluth Trading legacy with a digital-first mindset, always moving forward and always innovating.
From ingenious Duluth workwear, to comfortably capable Buck Naked Underwear, to outside-embracing AKHG, to meticulously built and sourced Best Made, it’s all about the innovative gear and gadgets that equip customers for a more hands-on way of life.
Top-notch quality, immersive storytelling, outstanding customer service, and the shared belief that the go-all-in-and-dig-deep spirit exists with everyone are what sets Duluth Trading Co. apart. We seek talented folks looking to be part of a can-do team that’s hellbent on helping the world to gear up, get its hands dirty, and do.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented, friendly service to customers. Leads the store team to do the same.
- Personally demonstrate a high level of service and engagement and set expectations for the team.
- Manage floor coverage to engage the customer and drive the Duluth experience.
- Ensure that customer profile information is accurately recorded.
- Respond proactively, provide positive resolutions to customer concerns and be empowered to make decisions.
- Maintain merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor-set and product messaging. Ensure the sales floor is customer ready.
- Effectively set up sales and promotions with proper signing and communication.
- Execute and supervise the handling of merchandise receipts and transfers quickly and accurately, including checking in, hanging, steaming, and visual merchandising on the sales floor.
- Ensure company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap, and hospitality area.
- Provide clear and consistent feedback to employees on a regular basis.
- Adhere to all company guidelines, policies and programs and sets a positive example.
- Understand, execute and train all cash-handling and reporting functions.
- Process all register functions and ensure they are followed in the store.
- Ensure the store is secured and respond to any alarms as directed.
- Ensure the safety of employees and customers and communicate concerns to Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Customer Centric.
- Takes pride in a job well done and shows ownership in the store.
- Operates with integrity and trust.
- Excellent communicator and listener.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting – below waist and above shoulders.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand-to-finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 85 degrees – especially in our stock room areas.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.
Benefit Offerings: medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, employer HSA contribution, flex spending accounts, 401K program with company match, employee stock purchase plan, 12-week paid parental leave, 5 paid bereavement days, 9 paid holidays per year, paid short-term and long-term disability, 40% employee merchandise discount.
Compensation: $16.80 - $18.82/hour
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, federal, state and local minimum wage requirements, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Brand Identity
- Self Motivation