Location: 17801 Georgia Avenue, Olney, MD 20832
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of clients and communities in the Washington, D.C. region for 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating remarkable experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to be recognized for the12th consecutive year byForbesmagazine as one of the top 50 “Most Trustworthy” corporations in America. Our values run deep in integrity, relationship building and community outreach.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a desirable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting a Corporate Bank Treasurer. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible forthe overall management of the company’s treasury function including the management of the company’s investment portfolio in accordance with investment policy and business plan goals. You will ensure a maximum rate of return from investments consistent with an acceptable level of risk. You will provide leadership in developing strategies and tactics to actively manage the company’s balance sheet for profitability, safety, soundness, and increased shareholder value.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Leads the asset/liability management process and serves as a member of the Asset/Liability Management Committee (ALCO). Oversees the operation of the Sendero asset/liability management model and communicates results and recommended strategies to ALCO. Provides interest rate forecasts for developing corporate earnings projections and financial plans.
- Manages the company’s investment portfolio. Provides leadership in establishing appropriate targets for duration, yield, structure, mix, and risk. Evaluates, in conjunction with senior management, the short and long-term funding needs of the Bank. Ensures that the required reserve position at the Federal Reserve is met. Serves as a member of the Funds Management Sub-Committee of ALCO and the Investment Committee.
- Manages the treasury accounting function including accounting for investments, wholesale funds, and derivatives.
- Analyzes the liability structure of the organization including the review and forecast of the sources and uses funds of the company. Manages the company’s wholesale funding portfolio including collateral requirements for pledging.
- Develops and maintains policies governing the management of interest rate risk, liquidity risk and the investment portfolio. Represents the treasury function in meetings with regulators, rating agencies, investors and equity research analysts.
- As appropriate, recommends and executes hedging strategies. Serves as the Chairman of the Hedging & Derivatives Sub-Committee of ALCO.
- Sets interest rates on the company’s deposit products. In conjunction with the Chief Credit Officer, establishes pricing of loan products. Serves as a member of the Loan Pricing Sub-Committee of the ALCO.
- Participates in the capital management process and provides analytical support for the evaluation of dividend policies, stock repurchase programs and capital issuance.
- Monitors the financial condition of the municipalities and agencies whose bonds are held in the investment portfolio.
- Keeps up to date with market trends and maintains relationships with key members of the investment community.
- Participates in the development of product and business unit strategies, especially when interest rates and capital markets information are critical to their success.
Scope of Authority
- Responsible for overall investment management and funding of the bank.
- Decisions made at this level have a major impact on the entire company. Incumbent makes recommendations to establish broad plans and policies that affect the entire organization.
- Supervises and coaches assigned staff to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities to maximize performance potential. Documents performance and provide regular feedback to staff on progress.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Position requires substantial financial/investment management experience, preferably in the financial services industry. A graduate degree or equivalent professional training in a related field is strongly desired. In depth expertise in financial management, analysis, lending and the regulatory environment are expected. Demonstrated qualities of successful leadership are required.
- A varied level of problem solving skills is required. Situations require knowledge of the work and of the unit, which may involve a range of possible solutions to human, technical, or administrative problems of a complex nature. Must be able to organize and prioritize work in order to work effectively.
- Work requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Position requires regular contact internally and externally with investors, other departments, and community organizations to resolve more sensitive problems, and clarify company policies/procedures. Good interpersonal skills are needed which includes the use of sensible judgment, tact, and persuasion to represent the company professionally and to maintain a positive rapport within the organization.
- Work is under minimal supervision where the work requires independent judgment in the interpretation and creation of policies and procedures.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Business Process Improvement