Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
This individual will be responsible for the Employee Relations function across approximately 3,000 employees in our organization. This individual will act in guidance with the Human Resource Business Partners, Business Managers and Senior Management on managing overall employment risk and Employee Relations resolutions.
You will be responsible for establishing formal Employee Relations practices where applicable and will provide over site to the broader organization. This position requires deep Employee Relations expertise as this individual will be instrumental in developing the framework and operating principles of ER and to support the overall employee experience.
- Design and implement an ER framework, including policies to drive continuously improving ER practices within the global organization
- Develop, socialize and rollout ER processes, guidelines and practices being mindful of state and federal regulatory changes and implications.
- Conduct investigations and address employee issues and complaints working in partnership with the HRBPs, Legal and Compliance to make recommendations on appropriate courses of action.
- Assists in the preparation of comprehensive investigation reports which includes recommendations for complaint resolution.
- Provides insight and interpretation to managers and employees regarding relevant employment principles, complex employee relations issues, performance management, workplace investigations and critical incident management.
- Present investigation findings and trends at executive levels facilitating decisions where appropriate.
- Manage and maintain ER procedures and practices to ensure compliance, enhance the employee experience, and promote our company values in partnership with Employee Services where appropriate.
- Ensure ER cases are handled fairly and consistently in a timely fashion, and in line with company values and applicable laws.
- Partner with HRBP’s to create and implement change management strategies and communications in support of org design and changes as appropriate.
- Maintain an accurate, organized and confidential case management system.
- Analyze ER trends to develop solutions and strategies and make recommendations based on ER related data.
- Designs and facilitates training and workshops on key HR policies and best practices.
- Support Diversity and Inclusion efforts across the company
- Advises on business changes including acquisitions, restructurings and reorganizations.
- Analyzes trends with recommended approaches to resolve areas of concern.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the Employee Relations field and a BS, BA or JD degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Broad knowledge of HR principles, practices, and procedures in North America and globally.
- Requires a depth of working knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and provide strategic advice.
- Must have demonstrable experience in changing work environments and the effects associated in the HR area.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must possess solid influencing skills.
- Ability to bring insight into the team/business in a multi-cultural and multi-location environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.