Job Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to learn and understand a diverse portfolio of Food Processing equipment and its technical benefits then leverage that knowledge to make equipment and application recommendations.
- Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine scope of project supply.
- Perform equipment sizing calculations including heat and mass balance.
- Utilize AutoCAD to generate pre-sale Conceptual Layout Drawings (CLD) in 2D.
- Utilize Autodesk Inventor to generate Conceptual equipment blocks in 3D and create 3D layouts.
- Utilize SAP historical data, design review, and statistical analysis to create cost estimates for custom engineered and manufactured equipment.
- Participate in the updating of our equipment price book by leveraging historical data and statistical analysis.
- Generate and assemble quotes based on customer needs and quote text library.
- Create sales presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Utilize Microsoft Dynamics CRM to organize and prioritize workload.
- Drive the sales handover process to the project team upon order receipt.
- Provide feedback to management for continuous improvement of quoting and estimating.
- Monitor projects as they proceed through their lifecycle for discrepancies from estimate.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and during production offsite.
- Support internal customers in project management, engineering, and field service.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and to take site measurements.
- Overtime work may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- BS. in engineering, related technical field, or equivalent experience with food equipment.
- 2-5 years of applicable experience in cost estimating or sales engineering.
- CAD experience including 2D layouts required, 3D experience is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude or experience to understand manufacturing methods and predict costs.
- Experience in food processing equipment or industrial equipment manufacturing is a plus.
- Expertise with Excel and Microsoft Word is highly valuable.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with CRM (Customer Relations Management) software is a plus.
- Experience working in SAP is a plus.
At my Client Company,. the Sales Application Engineer (AE) is the support arm of the sales team, working closely with them as a technical resource throughout the sales process. The AE performs a hybrid role of pre-sales engineer, cost estimator, as well as quote content creation. They leverage product expertise as well as the sales team's insights to propose the best equipment to meet our customer's needs.
Computer Aided Design
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: SNAPHOP-jItpLA
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.