Job Title: Architectural Designer
About Us: Food Tech specializes in the planning, engineering, and construction of food-process plants and cold-storage warehouse and distribution facilities. Each of Food Tech’s services can be performed independently or joined together for a single-source, fast-track, design-build approach.
For more than 20 years, Food Tech has designed and built innovative and efficient food facilities that have included renovations, expansions, and new-construction projects.
With offices in Boston, metropolitan New York, Ft. Wayne, Milwaukee, and Los Angeles, Food Tech is well positioned to service its diverse group of customers, who range in scope from the nation’s largest publicly traded entities to smaller, regional, privately held firms.
Job Summary: In this role you will be responsible for assisting in all phases of the design while working directly with Project Architects to develop and coordinate projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, facility programming, project and construction administration
- Drafting conceptual site plans and building layouts for Project Studies
- Drafting preliminary and schematic design concepts
- Assisting with the design development process
- Drafting construction documents
- Report directly to the Project Architect and to the Principal Architect/Design Director
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations
- Maintain contact with clients
- Utilize expertise and share knowledge with colleagues and mentor junior staff members
- Other duties assigned
- Must have experience in all aspects of design including schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration
- Must have 3+ years of design experience in the Food and Beverage industry
- Architectural background is preferred, but not required
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Architecture or a B Arch Degree is a plus
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and MS Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.