$7,500 Sign on Bonus Available
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose.Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. UPHS Marquette is a 222 bed hospital and houses the regions only Level II Trauma Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). We also provide outreach with programs like annual health and safety fairs, health screenings for the entire family and more to keep our community healthy!
Where We Are:
In Marquette our fascinating history, rural landscape, abundant recreational opportunities, and welcoming people make the Upper Peninsula someplace special. From a thriving culinary scene to charming shops to historic lighthouses and museums, there is something for everyone in this beautiful lakeside gem.
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Opportunities for education and training through partnership with Duke LifePoint Healthcare
- And much more
- Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Associates degree in Nursing
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (Preferred)
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Registered Nurse (RN) in State of Michigan
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP)
- Handle with Care- Advanced (within 90 days)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (within 1 year)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (within 1 year)
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) (within 1 year)
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) (within 1 year)
UP Health System Marquette is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Registered Nurse, Emergency Dept, .9 Nights
Requisition ID: 7467-7319
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works
- Critical Thinking