Provides systems engineering, program planning, and mission management support to customers SIGINT sensor operations organization. Prepares draft Concept of Operations documents, task schedules and other program development and planning documentation for team engineers and integrators. Monitors and reports on project status, providing program assistance to ensure project success throughout the entire project life cycle. Gathers project requirements from users. Provides technical and programmatic analysis of proposed projects and provides recommendations for alternative solutions and schedules to government for consideration. Monitors and investigates new technological developments and meets with vendors to provide government with recommendations. The engineer will support the migration of legacy systems to a common sensor and data operations baseline, especially as related to ensuring all systems requirements are identified and allocated to the migrated baseline. The contractor shall maintain cognizance of all related sensor efforts and systems across the broader organization and identify areas of commonality and opportunities for program efficiency. The engineer shall provide the government customer with management, support, and technical assistance related to project procurement, integration, sustainment, and testing of customer’s systems and will provide advice on both technical and resource issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Ability to deconstruct top-level requirements to functional requirements for systems solutions that account for technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Ability to support management in the planning, de-confliction, and deployment of SIGINT systems for operations in coordination with supported government customer and other government department and agency partners.
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical planning, systems integration, data verification and validation, data flow, cost and risk analysis, and supportability/effectiveness analysis for newly integrated systems
- Demonstrated ability to work through technical and organizational challenges to achieve mission success
- Knowledgeable of SIGINT sensor systems, SIGINT collection and processing methods
- Strong personal communications skills, self-motivated, team player.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Practical experience managing both program and technical issues for multiple on going SIGINT projects
- Experience in collaborating with peer organizations and representing customer’s projects to external organization
- Ability to successfully advocate for customers positions while maintain collegial relationships with stakeholders
- Experience working with organizations to overcome barriers to success and create shared solutions
- Knowledge of System Security Accreditation processes and standards
- Experience with hardware/software development especially with communications related systems
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Non Traditional Sensor Ops Sr. Systems Engineer
. For ongoing news, please visit our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Non Traditional Sensor Ops Sr. Systems Engineer
. For SAIC benefits information, see [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Non Traditional Sensor Ops Sr. Systems Engineer
. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability