The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses a worldwide group of transportation, warehousing, relocation management, logistics and real estate solutions serving government, corporate, and individual clients. The Company maintains its headquarters in Springfield, VA, working with a global alliance of 1,500 service partners, 17,500 professional associates in 112 countries across six continents. On an annual basis it is entrusted with the care and oversight of more than $1 billion in customer-valued goods and property.
Responsible for leading the strategic direction, overseeing the day to day management, and achieving the financial expectations of the Executive Management Team. This position is accountable for all aspects of Business Development, Finance, Operations and Administration.
The mission is to create a scalable, profitable structure focused on international forwarding activities for military, government, corporate and private customers taking full advantage of and working cohesively within the significant existing infrastructure of the Interstate Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Review practices, methods and performance standards to create new systems, improve workflow, simplify reporting, implement cost reductions and revise established procedures when necessary.
• Collect, prepare, review, interpret and distribute operating reports and statistical records of performance data for internal/external purposes.
• Manage the financial aspects of the firm and work in collaboration with the Accounting Department to ensure timely, accurate billing/invoicing and collections. Prepare and be accountable for annual operating plans.
• Ensure document compliance with company, government and industry regulations.
General Management / Operations:
• Accountable for profit/loss.
• Oversee creation of import/export control procedures.
• Management of the division’s licenses, certificates and authorities (including but not limited to IAC, NVOCC, FIDI-FAIM, etc.)
• Review and assess international staffing. Makes changes as to responsibilities, work flow, task priorities, wages, promotions, and performance evaluation.
• Issue, interpret and ensure compliance to company operating policies.
• Ensure review and timely response to internal/external correspondence.
• Warrant that appropriate training and education on company & client policies, processes and procedures is achieved with staff, clients and service providers.
• Responsible for Vendor Management, both new and existing, to include agreements, work distribution, performance management and ongoing relationships.
• Business Development/Account Management:
• Manage client relationships (retention of existing accounts) directly and indirectly through staff resources and periodic office visits, communication/correspondence campaigns and other contact/methods.
• Review market conditions to anticipate customer needs, forecasted volume potential, and pricing.
• Provide analysis, assessments and recommendation of existing and prospective customer initiatives, projects, and contracts.
• Directly pursue as well as establish sales channels to develop new business opportunities resulting in sustainable, profitable growth in line with annual operating plans. Develop and implement marketing strategies for the international division.
• Conduct reviews of client performance satisfaction, operational activities and track results in terms of revenue and expenses, and make recommendations for improvements.
• Develop and implement new account procedures and controls. Maintain and update processes and controls for existing accounts.
• Manage rate filings, RFP, RFQ and pricing proposals.
• Knowledge of general cargo packaging and securing including hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
• Knowledge of Indirect Air Carrier policies/procedures as set forth by TSA/FAA.
• Knowledge of commercial invoices, corporate powers of attorney.
• Knowledge of letters of credit, foreign and USA duty and VAT payments.
• Knowledge of general cargo export requirements, including, but not limited to, export compliance issues, AES (automated export system of Dept of Commerce, Harmonic Commodity Code and related issues.
• Must have strong established relationships with origin and destination service providers in primary locations throughout the world.
• Must have strong knowledge of customs clearance regulations as it pertains to different countries throughout the world.
• Ability to negotiate discounted rates with common carriers, service providers.
• Ability to maintain accurate asset management (warehouse inventories of various commodities-both receiving and releasing from warehouses worldwide).
• Ability to comply with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) requirement as set forth in C-TPAT (US Customs Trade Partnership with
Minimum requirement in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint of Intermediate Level (Intermediate Level or higher preferred). Minimum keyboard skill level of 40 wpm.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A college degree (4 years) or equivalent in transportation, logistics, business administration, economics or related degree. A minimum of 8 years of hands on experience in an import/export environment. A minimum of 5 years in a senior managerial position with proven successful results.
Interstate offers the following benefits:
• Competitive pay
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Company paid life insurance
• Health and dental insurance
• Supplemental insurance
• 401K contribution
• Tuition assistance
• Plus more!
Packaging And Labeling