Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
Electrical Technician Instructor
Here at Altierus Career College, a division of ECMC Education, it is our culture and commitment to develop a strong community starting within our offices and our campus where diversity is celebrated. Faculty provide appropriate and effective instruction, stay current in the scholarship and practice of their discipline and teaching methodology, support academic quality standards, and demonstrate a commitment to student retention and success.
Altierus Career College is seeking part time Electrical Technician instructors in Tampa. The faculty member will provide theory and practical instruction to a level sufficient for students to develop the skills necessary to become employed in the profession of Electrical Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies/objectives.
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Provide students with academic support and advice give referrals for additional assistance as required, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed and use technology for academic alerts and interventions.
- Teach classes based on assigned schedule and modality according to Altierus faculty expectations and complete all related teaching administrative responsibilities such as attendance taking, final grade submission, etc.
- Conduct program / course curriculum assessment and evaluation duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Where applicable:
- Maintain valid practice certifications.
- Maintain current health requirements, training, licensures and certifications.
- Coordinates schedules with CND in establishing laboratory schedules, classroom rotations (where appropriate), student advising and clinical rotations (where appropriate).
- Ensure related clinical supplies and equipment are up-to-date.
- Explain and demonstrate related laboratory/practical procedures.
- Arrange students’ field placement and monitor students’ progress.
- Stay current with all regional and state code changes and industry standards as it applies to the program subject matter being taught.
A qualified faculty member teaching in the Electrician program meets the program standard through the following requirements:
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED (diploma or certificate in the field preferred)
- 3 years of experience at minimum journey or technician level in their area of expertise.
- Must be willing to enroll in the NCCER ICTP Training Course and become an NCCER Certified Craft Instructor, and complete OSHA 10 certification within 90 days of hire.
- Intermediate and advanced electrical theory and concepts
- Familiarity with National Electric Code (NEC) standards
- Conduit bending and raceway installation methods
- Residential and commercial wiring methods
- Single-phase and three- phase power distribution
- Power measuring and test equipment
- Electric motor application and maintenance
- Basic and advanced industrial controls
- Industrial automation
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) installation, maintenance, and usage
- Jobsite safety awareness
- Low-voltage systems: voice, data, video, and alarm systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ECMC Group is committed to ensuring our diverse, inclusive and equitable culture is built on a strong sense of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard and encouraged to show up as their authentic-self.
Programmable Logic Controllers