Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home. Unique clinical environment:
Lead the office support functions and team while the clinicians provide high quality care for patients one on one and in their most preferred environment – at home. Culture of teamwork:
Lead, promote and support the business office function while serving an essential role on the operations management team Ongoing support:
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more Advancement:
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions Clinical distinction:
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes Healthcare leader:
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.What You Will Do:
Responsible for overall organization and financial management of the care center, direction of care center operations and functions according to approved policies, procedures and standards. Ensures the enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of care center efficiency and fiscal success. Provides supervision to the clinical manager(s) who ensure the delivery of quality care to patients. Maintains the image of the care center in the community, as well as state and national organizations.
- Ensures the care center’s compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures. Educates all staff members about state, federal, and accreditation requirements (as applicable). Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of care center personnel and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that all services are billed as provided to the proper payor source. Analyzes available reimbursement data, identifies trends and initiates appropriate plans of action. Collaborates with appropriate staff to complete billing adjustments and maintenance of accurate records of these adjustments.
- Directs weekly business development and management team meetings with all appropriate staff and other members of the medical community to promote home health services. Meets budgeted admission goals in collaboration with Business Development team.
- Provides input, guidance and feedback related to marketing activities and care center marketing plan to ensure that goals for growth are met. Participates in marketing activities.
- Ensures adequate orientation of every team member assigned to their care center.
- Assigns and directs staff with appropriate skills to perform duties. Coaches, directs and encourages staff through use of formal and informal means. Provides leadership planning for staff education programs, administrative/staff meetings, in-services, and encourages continuous education and staff development for all team members. Sets positive, attainable expectations, objectives and goals for the care center.
- Uses knowledge, experience, and other resources as necessary to make logical decisions, solve problems, analyze work processes and make suggestions for improvement.
- Develops care center budgets in coordination with the Area Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for care center financial and clinical performance along with delivery on key metrics within established budget.
- Ensures implementation of a performance improvement program to drive quality care, positive patient outcomes, and address negative trends. Ensures issues and deficiencies identified during internal or external surveys or audits are addressed and corrected.
- Collaborates with the Area Vice President of Clinical Operations in implementation of clinical operations standards and processes.
- Responsible for the delivery of care for all patients served by the care centers by providing supervision and support to the Clinical Manager.
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call, preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and HIPAA/ Privacy Program, Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct and Ethics. Participates in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety. Identifies and reports health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
- Provides oversight and approval of payroll, ensures agency is operating in accordance with current pay practices.
- Ensures care center operations are processed in accordance with work flow standards.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Holds employees accountable for the attainment of defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance redirection when needed. Develops employees through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job training and development opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Business or Clinical related field.
Two (2 ) years’ home care experience and at least one year of supervisory experience or two (2 ) years’ experience in leadership/management in health care, home health or hospice
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Clinical related field and Licensed Clinical Professional.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse strong preferred.
- Home health experience.
*some requirements are state specific and require a Registered Nurse with a Baccalaureate or higher degree and specific supervisory and experience in a home care setting.
State Specific Qualifications: The following state specific requirements only apply if the Director of Operations is serving as the Director of Patient Services, also referred to in the state regulations as the Primary Supervising Nurse or Clinical Director.
The Director shall be responsible for managing and directing the agency’s operations, serving as a liaison between the governing body and staff, employing qualified personnel and ensuring that staff members are adequately and appropriately trained. The director shall be a person who: is a licensed physician , is a licensed registered nurse or has the training and experience in health services administration, including at least one year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health care programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Eligible for quarterly performance bonus
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees